Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 12:29 PM

401 posts, read 331,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
oh, wow. that's cool. I didn't think "fill" when you said "bogged" so that's why SF didn't come to mind. If you're standing in front of Navy Pier or in front of Pier 39, you are definitely standing on fill.

So the question remains: was the poster who wrote that the four cities all had GOP conventions? If so, I would actually give him full credit for answering the question.
You can give "her" full credit for answering the question as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
OK, Just came up with a fun one. And it is odd but when you see it, not odd at all.

New York
St. Louis
Memphis
Augusta, GA
They're all across the river from another state.

Otherwise, when you think of Augusta you think of golf and James Brown. I couldn't find a major golf tournament in Memphis so I'm going with my river clue.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:03 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtm100912 View Post

Otherwise, when you think of Augusta you think of golf and James Brown. I couldn't find a major golf tournament in Memphis so I'm going with my river clue.
Hmm, I dunno. If that was it then Louisville and Cincy would also be in the group. And I bet dozens other cities of various sizes if you look at all state borders. It also wouldn't be the largest or smallest since New York and Augusta are both listed...

Old 03-17-2018, 03:45 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtm100912 View Post

The river and another state on the other side is the right track. Get more specific. The specifics is why Louisville and Cincinnati are not included.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:17 PM

OMG I think I got it!! I won't give it away cause I like it haha. Nice one, SM!

Old 03-17-2018, 05:20 PM

I'll say that I kept following that river thread for awhile. I was looking up ferry crossings, ports, etc. But it turns out that just kept leading me in the wrong direction.

Also, I'll say that I had no clue about New York and had to google it. That was the final piece I was missing.

(SM, let me know if I have it...you'll see my clue if I am right)

Old 03-17-2018, 05:23 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I'll say that I kept following that river thread for awhile. I was looking up ferry crossings, ports, etc. But it turns out that just kept leading me in the wrong direction.

Also, I'll say that I had no clue about New York and had to google it. That was the final piece I was missing.

(SM, let me know if I have it...you'll see my clue if I am right)
I thought I had seen the New York example on a map before but had to Google that one too to make doubly sure. I am sure you have it.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:34 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,824,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
The river and another state on the other side is the right track. Get more specific. The specifics is why Louisville and Cincinnati are not included.
I want to test this to see if I am right

Portland, Evansville do not work

Philadelphia, Trenton, Davenport work

Old 03-18-2018, 04:42 PM

Hope SM doesn't mind me providing clues...but I guess I could've given away the answer already and I haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
I want to test this to see if I am right

Portland, Evansville do not work

Philadelphia, Trenton, Davenport work
No, none of those work. It is certainly possible that there exists more than the four in the original list, but I have been hard pressed to find any that definitely and definitively fit. Not Portland, not Philly, not Louisville, not Cincy, not Minneapolis, not Jacksonville, not Savannah etc.

However, I think depending on the exact wording of the rule, Kansas City could work. It's a bit more of a stretch, but Chicago could also possibly meet the requirements.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Hope SM doesn't mind me providing clues...but I guess I could've given away the answer already and I haven't.

No, none of those work. It is certainly possible that there exists more than the four in the original list, but I have been hard pressed to find any that definitely and definitively fit. Not Portland, not Philly, not Louisville, not Cincy, not Minneapolis, not Jacksonville, not Savannah etc.

However, I think depending on the exact wording of the rule, Kansas City could work. It's a bit more of a stretch, but Chicago could also possibly meet the requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.