Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:22 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,969,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Hmmm... political events are pretty easy as well as long you know the right folks
That's what it means be "plugged-in."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 07:25 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,969,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
Compound or Gold Room, you can RVSP on Eventbrite and get right on in free of charge lol
See what I mean.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:36 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,696,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
See what I mean.
I'm sure they both have lots of lively events, they probably punch pretty well above their belts when compared to other major cities. DC just fits my scene more then the celebrity events in Atl...

Old 05-13-2018, 11:37 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,897,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
That's what makes Atlanta unique in my opinion. You know something is going on somewhere in Atlanta, but it's not concentrated in one place (downtown). In most cities, once you leave downtown, then what? I personally haven't gotten that feeling in Philly, I've slightly gotten that in DC. It feels like there's always something else going on in Atlanta no matter where you are. I think another reason for that is that there are so many entrepreneurs, and celebrities there it gives off that kind of vibe. I would say Atlanta feels more fast paced than Philly.
What do you mean by "Something always going on?" I assume, it's these celebrity parties you've mentioned in this thread. Are you speaking of Atlanta within city limits compared to the same metrics concerning Philadelphia? I think you're missing a couple of things in-which many posters miss on CD, and that there's life outside of Center City. Depends on what a person's looking for, and has a desire to indulge in.

The way I see it is that both cities are of the same size in land mass but one has four times the population, and the way it was designed was around the "Center" of the city. That's usually where people are going to gather for events, jobs, living space, etc;., and it seems that most CD posters including many regulars in the Philly Forums are going to reference Center City and University City for the most part. There are other areas where things are happening but most aren't going to see it unless they venture out, and again it depends on what you're looking for, and I'll add that age and ethnicity will also play apart in that.

I find that there's plenty to do if you like certain types of party atmosphere, whether you're a millennial or a gen-xer, there's something for you to get into. There's always concerts at the larger venues as well as the smaller performance houses and night clubs. Funny thing is, there are plenty of bars and clubs that go to 4 AM or later but they'll be in North Philly, as well as West Oak Lane, and parts of West Philly that many of your posters on CD are gonna get to. If you like Reggeaton, there's spots for that with the hottest performers and their latest music, if you like Salsa & Merengue, there are places for that where you can dance the night away with some of the most beautiful women in the city and metro. If you like contemporary jazz or smooth R&B, there's places for that, but a person has to go to where it is, and even without a car public transportation is 24-7 in Philly, unlike most of Atlanta. You can get to most anywhere in Philly from just about any point in the city.

Manayunk, Northeast, Northern Liberties, and Fishtown has plenty of bustle and places to eat, drink, and be merry. It's not just Center City and the pace isn't slow at all. I'm in the ATL frequently, and will be back there next week to visit. There's just a profound differences in the sights and sounds of each city as far as residential demographics, street grids, public transportation, the noise level of the people and the way they interact on the streets, the variety of languages spoken in many neighborhoods, even the pace that they move in the supermarkets. lol You're entitled to your opinion based on your personal views but I've spent a great deal of time there and it's noticeable when I return to Philly that there's difference in pace, and hustle., even on Sundays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.