Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 11:14 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,421,645 times

Advertisements

So this doesn't mean the city itself is underrated, because perhaps it doesn't have that much culture, amenities or things to do. But one thing it does have is beauty and most people don't know about it. For example, many people know San Diego is beautiful, but the average citizen does not know much about San Diego. So to me its beauty is not underrated.

For by far Cincinnati is one of the most underrated cities when it comes to beauty. The green lush hills, the river valley it sits on, the charming architecture. It really is one of the most beautiful cities in the US IMO (and I have been to most) that most people don't know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 11:35 AM

505 posts, read 502,590 times
While I don't like the city too much on a personal level, whenever I'm in Las Vegas I just love the view of The Strip skyscrapers set against the mountain backdrop while driving north on the 15.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
So this doesn't mean the city itself is underrated, because perhaps it doesn't have that much culture, amenities or things to do. But one thing it does have is beauty and most people don't know about it. For example, many people know San Diego is beautiful, but the average citizen does not know much about San Diego. So to me its beauty is not underrated.

For by far Cincinnati is one of the most underrated cities when it comes to beauty. The green lush hills, the river valley it sits on, the charming architecture. It really is one of the most beautiful cities in the US IMO (and I have been to most) that most people don't know about.
You read my mind - I visited Cincinnati this past weekend and though I've been there many times, I was kind of taken aback by how pretty a lot of the city is. It has a unique mix of architecture, hills, the river, and its skyline that's truly something you won't see anywhere else in the U.S. Even had you not mentioned it, that would be my pick here.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
You read my mind - I visited Cincinnati this past weekend and though I've been there many times, I was kind of taken aback by how pretty a lot of the city is. It has a unique mix of architecture, hills, the river, and its skyline that's truly something you won't see anywhere else in the U.S. Even had you not mentioned it, that would be my pick here.
I was there this weekend too! The pastel color of the OTR alone make it feel unique and I can see it being on par with New Orleans in regards to historic district.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:53 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,055,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
I was there this weekend too! The pastel color of the OTR alone make it feel unique and I can see it being on par with New Orleans in regards to historic district.
It certainly has the potential if they can crank up the economic growth a bit (even though it seems to be doing better and better every time I go back). The city is nearly as old as New Orleans is, if memory serves me correctly.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
It certainly has the potential if they can crank up the economic growth a bit (even though it seems to be doing better and better every time I go back). The city is nearly as old as New Orleans is, if memory serves me correctly.
So much potential to become a destination. it's like it has a bit of San Francisco, a bit of New Orleans, with a a mix of southern and Midwest flavors.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:53 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,838,725 times
Milwaukee. Beautiful lakefront and it shares with Chicago being the two cities on the Great Lakes which truly created a magnificent lakefront setting.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:54 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,327,733 times
I think Louisville is underrated on many levels, including “beauty”. It has lush, green rolling hills, cool skyscraper views over the water, the bridges when lit at night over the water look great. Tree lines streets/neighborhoods, etc...

I also think & agree with Cincinnati for the above reason as others

Old 03-19-2018, 07:49 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,749,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnInTheMil View Post
I think Louisville is underrated on many levels, including “beauty”. It has lush, green rolling hills, cool skyscraper views over the water, the bridges when lit at night over the water look great. Tree lines streets/neighborhoods, etc...

I also think & agree with Cincinnati for the above reason as others
Totally agree most old river cities are underrated...Louisville and Cincinnati in particular. Louisville has really cleaned up and Cincinnati is not far behind there.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:08 PM

16,703 posts, read 29,537,876 times
Atlanta. Definitely, Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.