Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,523 times

Advertisements

Wow, what beautiful pics! Too bad that America seems to have turned it's back on this city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 PM

252 posts, read 390,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Good Luck to you Vamp...

I love your city and have always been treated most hospitable when visiting!
I'm overdue for a visit!!

Curious..is Mama D still squaking about an explosion...the big BOOM..lol
Not like that but: BOOM!!!!! hehe, lol

Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post
Bourbon St. is what I call "sin st". It would be so nice if they cleaned it up with Lysol and got rid of all the strip/sex clubs. If they did this I would go more often, but at this time my "nose" says no.

The people there however are soooo nice and very inviting. I love the food, aquariam, music and just walking around french quarter. I feel that it is one of the few cities in the US that has their own unique culture, style and charm.

I can see why some pple that were born there will not move. I can see how they love where they live. It is just sad about the poverty and I blame mostly the corrup polititions.

I had taken my DILS there..before we left I told them ..forget about the sexy strapy sandals and flip flops..when walking Bourbon St you want your feet covered....by 10pm at night lord knows what you are stepping in!!
The am when they are hosing the streets off and sweeping up, not to bad

That said..I've seen some of the nastiest tourists..garbage can right in front of them and they just drop their go cups on the sidewalk!!

Last edited by njkate; 03-28-2008 at 06:34 AM..

Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhlu View Post
Don't live there, but in my opinion the most unique and beautiful of America's cities. I love this place! However everytime I hear about the city it seems like America is ashamed of New Orleans and would not like to see it rebuilt. What do you think. Here are some photos of America's most European city.

Trolley

Mansion

Jackson Square

Superdome

Downtown from the River

Another mansion

Typical New Orleans home

Balcony

French Quarter District

Steamboat

St. Louis Cathedral

N.O. Cemetery- above ground tombs like in France

Swamp

Another Cemetrey

French Quarter

French Quarter District

Really good place to eat- forgot the name

Voodoo- kind of creepy

Alligator

Downtown District

City's Park

Nightlife

Okay i wnt to go and live in that white house in the second picture!!
Beautiful

Old 03-28-2008, 10:49 AM

20 posts, read 50,941 times
Someone on here said something about turning the 9th Ward and other areas into lakes. That is not a good idea. The reason why the city is in danger is because of all the water surrounding it. Why bring even more water and closer to the city. From what I understand, many are buidling homes raised 8 feet up on stilts, so that when the city does flood in the 50% that is below sea level, their homes will be save.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:18 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhlu View Post
Someone on here said something about turning the 9th Ward and other areas into lakes. That is not a good idea. The reason why the city is in danger is because of all the water surrounding it. Why bring even more water and closer to the city. From what I understand, many are buidling homes raised 8 feet up on stilts, so that when the city does flood in the 50% that is below sea level, their homes will be save.
What needs to be done is a project just like the Delta project in The Netherlands. The Netherlands can do it. Why can't we? We have the things needed. Just do it.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:08 AM

16 posts, read 55,477 times
new orleans is TRASH and gross thats why i moving AHAHAH i live in new orleans (off robert e. lee WHERE LIKE THE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE LIVE)

Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 AM

24 posts, read 48,245 times
I've always been totally fascinated with New Orleans. For a long time I wanted to live there. I still may one day.

They have the most unique culture and history of any American city, IMNSHO. There's the whole history with the Spanish and the French, jazz, Mardi Gras, the food, the Creole culture and their language, and the architecture which is amazing! And I've always been fascinated with the history of voodoo down there.

It's like a mythical & mystical place in my mind. It's part of the US, but it almost seems like it's a country unto itself.

I was shocked, saddened, and angered to see how it and its inhabitants were treated during Hurrican Katrina.

I love New Orleans.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Rebuilding New Orleans was a monumental act of stupidity that could only have occurred by government edict. Not only have they already cost US taxpayers several billion, they want to repeat the same stupidity.

"Where is my government entitlement?" is all you hear from New Orleaners, seeking to profit at taxpayer expense while the corrupt politicians continue to profit by robbing Americans blind. It is a city Americans should be truly ashamed of supporting.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

"Where is my government entitlement?" is all you hear from New Orleaners, seeking to profit at taxpayer expense while the corrupt politicians continue to profit by robbing Americans blind. It is a city Americans should be truly ashamed of supporting.
Wow, this is so far from the truth it's ridiculous. This statement is just typical of ignorant americans who know nothing about the city and it's people and base all of their opinions off of what they read online or see on TV. Do you really think the media shows the REAL picture of reality and what is going on? There are so many people from New Orleans and all over SE Louisiana that have pulled themselves up and rebuilt their lives on their own with little to no help from the govt, from you, or from me. Why don't you actually talk to some REAL Katrina survivors instead of basing everything off of the BS you see in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.