Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:09 AM

37 posts, read 214,395 times

Advertisements

It's totally legal in Ca! You can have your RX card and grow and sell your weed back to the stores and yep you get paid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 12:10 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,195,980 times
you LIE!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,589 times
Thumbs up Medical Marijana.

the pill is called Marinol, if your dad is on medicare i know its covered under perscription drug plans.

in Denver, CO if you are 21 or older you are allowed to possess an ounce or less with no pentalty in the city of Denver.

if you want to MOVE away. then id go to colorado because they have you may possess up to 6 plants and 2 ounces or less at a time legally with doctors approval (medical marijuana).

[URL="http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/Medicalmarijuana/mjamendment.html"]Amendment 20[/URL], approved by Colorado voters in November 2000, authorizes the use of marijuana to alleviate certain debilitating medical conditions: cancer, glaucoma, HIV/AIDS positive, cachexia; severe pain; severe nausea; seizures, including those that are characteristic of epilepsy; or persistent muscle spasms, including those that are characteristic of multiple sclerosis. In addition, patients and physicians may submit petitions to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to include other medical conditions that may be alleviated by the medical use of marijuana. Amendment 20 authorizes a patient or a primary caregiver who has been issued a Medical Marijuana Registry identification card to possess no more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana and not more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.

[url=http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/hs/medicalmarijuana/marijuanafactsheet.html]Medical Marijuana in Colorado[/url]

that link has more of an explanation.

p.s. if the cops ever bust him take his marijuana from his home, he can sue. a gentlemen sued CO police for $200,000 worth of Marijuana when he had a lisence and said he was treated worse by the CO police then by people in iraq. He has the weed because he got hit by a grenade. When they returned it, it was dry and useless.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 12,976 times
So where's the best & low cost of living place to move if one possesses a registrated card? I am heat intolerate and my hubby has a green thumb.

Thanks for all the links throughout this thread!

Last edited by isavegas; 06-06-2008 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: html mistakes

Old 06-06-2008, 09:49 PM

746 posts, read 3,718,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
When you sign up for medical marijuana it's just another way for big brother to get your name. If I were you grow it yourself or find someone who does no place is safe when the government wants your name for something illegal. People who take pills for everything don't understand people who don't take pills and at least with marijuna you can control and be in control of your needs and at least it wears off were as some pills the side effects make you sicker then, you are.
In San Francisco when everyone was signing up and what a coincidence they busted them. Plus now they even know all your friends who didn't sign up. If you are a smart pot smoker you should have seen it coming.

Med MJ comes up in job searches......makes employers wonder whats up, and could cost a good job, so not pain free quite yet.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 PM

746 posts, read 3,718,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I just got to a point one night in college where I was sitting there stoned, and decided that I was done with it. I just got bored and had no urge to do it again, and haven't since. It was fun while it lasted, though

It has less affect on you when you get older......thats why you get so high in the early years...synpases fire faster and connect more readily...
Thats why it gets old....when you are older, it just makes you crabby and paranoid, and there is something sad about a stoner over 30, though I sadly know of one that is 45 and one that is 53, and will prob die one....
neither ever amounted to a damn thing..

Old 06-08-2008, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 12,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scongress1234 View Post
It has less affect on you when you get older......thats why you get so high in the early years...synpases fire faster and connect more readily...
Thats why it gets old....when you are older, it just makes you crabby and paranoid, and there is something sad about a stoner over 30, though I sadly know of one that is 45 and one that is 53, and will prob die one....
neither ever amounted to a damn thing..

Maybe for normal folks but not the sick ones. My parents were stoners yet they own their own home and cars. My mother had a number of health problems including cancer in her stomach.

As for being crabby and paranoid, that describes many early 20's folks I know. The older ones I know are pretty mellow. Ah, that was all back in Texas though.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 6,306 times
Talking California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Howcome no one mentioned Amsterdam? I believe in Alaska you can grow a couple MJ plants without going to jail. CA will give you a big fine for smoking MJ but no jail if you dont get greedy and sell it! Many places in Canada consider MJ almost legal. Hope this helps
Do your homework! Google California Marijuana laws. Max. penalty for less than an oz. is 100$. Legal to grow for personal use but No selling!!! There are no fixed plant # limits to personal use cultivation. All states should follow Cali on this law!!! THEWAYIROLL

Old 09-09-2008, 02:56 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,699,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWAYIROLL View Post
Do your homework! Google California Marijuana laws. Max. penalty for less than an oz. is 100$. Legal to grow for personal use but No selling!!! There are no fixed plant # limits to personal use cultivation. All states should follow Cali on this law!!! THEWAYIROLL
True California state law is pretty lax, but remember, the state also falls under federal law. Federal law does NOT recognize medical marijuana and you can be charged under federal drug charges for growing and possession. Granted it is way less likely to happen, but it can and sometimes does happen.
ASA*:*Federal Marijuana Law
Federal & State Law

I believe that Maine has a medical MJ law that allows a "usable" amount (less than 1 1/4 ounce) in your possession without any penalty as long as you have a written recommendation of a physician.. The rest of their MJ laws are kind of lenient as well.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,743,106 times
Funny thing is that Marijuana kills 0 people per year while aspirin and prescription drugs combined kill about 38,000 per year.

Annual Causes of Death in the United States:

Tobacco 435,000 Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000 Alcohol 85,000 Microbial Agents 75,000 Toxic Agents 55,000 Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347 Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000 Suicide 30,622 Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000 Homicide 20,308 Sexual Behaviors 20,000 All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,000, 5 Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600 Marijuana 0

Last edited by NativeOrange; 09-09-2008 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.