Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 05:55 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG99 View Post
Your gonna really tell me oak cliff and the fairgrounds areas are not dangerous? Oak cliff has a national reputation for being violent.
Do you know the difference between poverty stricken areas and actual places with constant violent crime? Is there crime? Yes. But it’s not even on the level of other major cities. I hear transplants from other parts of the country say the same thing.

You obviously don’t know much about Dallas if you think all of Oak Cliff is dangerous. Those areas aren’t even the most dangerous in the State of Texas. Oak Cliff is so big that it literally has demographics from every spectrum....from the very wealthy to the very poor. It kills me that perception is what people will believe over reality.

Oak Cliff is nearly the size of Plano. People think in their head that Oak Cliff is some small neighborhood with densely concentrated heavy crime. The majority of the time...crime is happening in small areas across an 87 sq mi area (with a population of 290,365). Yes, Oak Cliff is that large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 06:02 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Sacramento

Dallas too big, too far from the mountains.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:03 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,417,464 times
Dallas...

Old 06-20-2018, 07:01 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Read the above posts. I am a native son of California, and I still prefer most anywhere in Texas over Sacramento.
How many cities have you been to in Texas, and for how long? And what do you like about them? Always free to move there, you'd likely save a lot of money.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:02 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Do you know the difference between poverty stricken areas and actual places with constant violent crime? Is there crime? Yes. But it’s not even on the level of other major cities. I hear transplants from other parts of the country say the same thing.

You obviously don’t know much about Dallas if you think all of Oak Cliff is dangerous. Those areas aren’t even the most dangerous in the State of Texas. Oak Cliff is so big that it literally has demographics from every spectrum....from the very wealthy to the very poor. It kills me that perception is what people will believe over reality.

Oak Cliff is nearly the size of Plano. People think in their head that Oak Cliff is some small neighborhood with densely concentrated heavy crime. The majority of the time...crime is happening in small areas across an 87 sq mi area (with a population of 290,365). Yes, Oak Cliff is that large.
Sprawllas. 87 sq miles is larger than DC and San Fran I think. Incredible to think about.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:05 PM

73 posts, read 79,879 times
Neither

Old 06-20-2018, 07:26 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,089,310 times
Dallas. Sacramento is too small and has, in my opinion, some of the worst weather in the nation.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:03 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG99 View Post
Sacramento is a much more beautiful city then Dallas with waaaay better weather an way cooler stufd nearby. Both cities have extremely dangerous gang filled ghettos on there southsides.
I actually disagree. I'd say they're pretty on par with each other, although Sac is undeniably closer to more striking scenery

Old 06-21-2018, 11:21 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,116,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Sprawllas. 87 sq miles is larger than DC and San Fran I think. Incredible to think about.
Yes and no. It was an independent town (street-car suburb) that was annexed into Dallas back in like 1915 or so. There's decent semi-urban bones in the Bishop Arts/Davis & Jefferson Blvd parts of Oak Cliff. Also a free street-car trolley connecting to Downtown. The rest of it has a nice suburban character to it (sidewalks, lots of trees, pre-1950s housing, etc). Not cookie-cutter. Really good Mom & Pop Mexican restaurants. Much of it is actually not quite developed, so it's not entirely spread across 87 sq miles.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:55 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
Dallas. Sacramento is too small and has, in my opinion, some of the worst weather in the nation.
Exactly. Sacramento heat makes Gulf Coast summers seem like a cakewalk. These past couple of weeks, though, has been way below average, temperature wise. Just so you know, if you google "Sacramento weather" right now, it's hardly representative and Sac is typically much hotter than now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.