Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 02:39 PM

11 posts, read 14,279 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am a current resident of Atlanta working in the I.T. industry, and after many years living in the South, I'm at a point where I'd like to move to a new state/city while I am able to do so (not getting younger).

A little background: I am a foreign-born US black male in my 40s (no children and never been married); as stated before, I've lived and worked in the South for many years, but I find out that I have never warmed to the South after all these years. I love the people of the South, but I miss the true international flavor that one can easily find in a city like New York (too expensive to live there).

Prior to moving to the South, I lived closer to the Northeastern U.S., where the diversity and multicultural landscape was a great fit with my international upbringing. I loved going to multicultural events, festivals, meetups, etc., while celebrating the beauty of our great nation; however, I find that the South has not provided me with those same opportunities during my time here. Also, I have dated across all racial lines and ethnicities, and I miss being able to exist in a place where opportunities in that area comes quite easily.

I am at a point where I have a strong interest in settling down and raising a family, so I've finally decided to move away from the South to expand my dating opportunities and explore the beautiful diversity this great land has to offer. I am an avid runner; someone who loves visiting restaurants, coffee shops, movies, etc. (I'm not into the club scene at all); and, I love all things international (soccer, current affairs, socio-economic development; women empowerment, etc.)

So, can anyone please provide me with some best options on states/cities where interracial dating, multiculturalism and diversity are the norm? I have a very flexible job in the IT industry, so relocation should not be a hindrance to my job prospects. I am looking at Seattle, Denver, DC/NOVA, and Phoenix, but honestly, with the exception of DC/NOVA, I don't know too much about these choices.

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated, cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 04:30 PM

12,734 posts, read 9,370,423 times
I think DC/Nova is the right choice. The other cities are less diverse than Atlanta.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:09 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,019 posts, read 7,408,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileyFrancis View Post
Hello,

I am a current resident of Atlanta working in the I.T. industry, and after many years living in the South, I'm at a point where I'd like to move to a new state/city while I am able to do so (not getting younger).

A little background: I am a foreign-born US black male in my 40s (no children and never been married); as stated before, I've lived and worked in the South for many years, but I find out that I have never warmed to the South after all these years. I love the people of the South, but I miss the true international flavor that one can easily find in a city like New York (too expensive to live there).

Prior to moving to the South, I lived closer to the Northeastern U.S., where the diversity and multicultural landscape was a great fit with my international upbringing. I loved going to multicultural events, festivals, meetups, etc., while celebrating the beauty of our great nation; however, I find that the South has not provided me with those same opportunities during my time here. Also, I have dated across all racial lines and ethnicities, and I miss being able to exist in a place where opportunities in that area comes quite easily.

I am at a point where I have a strong interest in settling down and raising a family, so I've finally decided to move away from the South to expand my dating opportunities and explore the beautiful diversity this great land has to offer. I am an avid runner; someone who loves visiting restaurants, coffee shops, movies, etc. (I'm not into the club scene at all); and, I love all things international (soccer, current affairs, socio-economic development; women empowerment, etc.)

So, can anyone please provide me with some best options on states/cities where interracial dating, multiculturalism and diversity are the norm? I have a very flexible job in the IT industry, so relocation should not be a hindrance to my job prospects. I am looking at Seattle, Denver, DC/NOVA, and Phoenix, but honestly, with the exception of DC/NOVA, I don't know too much about these choices.

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated, cheers!
Based on these three paragraphs in bold I think your clear cut by far best choice would be the DC/NOVA region. With that said research up on Seattle, I've heard it's nice.

Otherwise I think you've answered your own question based on your criteria.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:26 PM

Thank you very much for the response!

Old 07-30-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Based on these three paragraphs in bold I think your clear cut by far best choice would be the DC/NOVA region. With that said research up on Seattle, I've heard it's nice.

Otherwise I think you've answered your own question based on your criteria.
Thank you very much for your response. I am planning a trip to Seattle to check the city out in the near future.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileyFrancis View Post
Thank you very much for your response. I am planning a trip to Seattle to check the city out in the near future.
I've lived in both DC and Denver. Wonderful places in their own way. I'll take Seattle just for myself personally. Would take all 3 over Atlanta.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:01 PM

2,741 posts, read 2,375,282 times
LOL, you didn't need to type all that, just say you want to date nonblack women.

You should move to Arlington, VA (right outside DC), it has everything you are looking for.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908boi View Post
lol, you didn't need to type all that, just say you want to date nonblack women.

You should move to arlington, va (right outside dc), it has everything you are looking for.
lol

Old 07-30-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
LOL, you didn't need to type all that, just say you want to date nonblack women.

You should move to Arlington, VA (right outside DC), it has everything you are looking for.
Hahaha....thanks for your input, 908. To be fair, I am open to all good women under the sun. The main concern for me, however, is that, because of my background, I find it best to be in multicultural and diverse areas since they allow me to explore dating (and economic) opportunities where I am free to choose the best available to me; and not what I am limited to.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I've lived in both DC and Denver. Wonderful places in their own way. I'll take Seattle just for myself personally. Would take all 3 over Atlanta.
Much thanks, again! Seattle and DC are certainly at the top of my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.