Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:10 PM

22 posts, read 41,348 times

Advertisements

I have a tough time when the statistics claim that Asian men born or raised in the USA marry out at such high rates as suggested. The city I live in right now is Atlanta and I have never in my life seen or known an Asian or Indian with a White girl, like ever. Article suggests such marriages are common in some places. Any Americans want to chime in?

Interracial Dating & Marriage : Asian-Nation :: Asian American History, Demographics, & Issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 03:40 PM

23,550 posts, read 24,057,818 times
Many of them intermarry with other Asian races: Japanese-Korean, Chinese-Japanese, Korean-Chinese, etc

Here in California, it is not super common, but Asian-American men with a Caucasian female are seen. I attended school at UCLA and several of my Asian-American ex-classmates have wed Caucasian females.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Many of them intermarry with other Asian races: Japanese-Korean, Chinese-Japanese, Korean-Chinese, etc

Here in California, it is not super common, but Asian-American men with a Caucasian female are seen. I attended school at UCLA and several of my Asian-American ex-classmates have wed Caucasian females.
What race of men do Caucasian females in Southern California typically marry and hook up with other than White men?

Old 08-18-2013, 03:49 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
White women don't like the way some cultures treat women in general so that would be a reason for many not to get involved. I was leaving a store and witnessed an asian man screaming at the woman in the car with him. It was beyond me why she would tolerate that childish temper tantrum, but, she just sat there with eyes down and face forward.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
White women don't like the way some cultures treat women in general so that would be a reason for many not to get involved. I was leaving a store and witnessed an asian man screaming at the woman in the car with him. It was beyond me why she would tolerate that childish temper tantrum, but, she just sat there with eyes down and face forward.
Interesting you say that. I have a Black friend who told me a lot of White women love to chase after Black men that dress like rappers and are known to be abusive but yet don't give nearly as much attention to a well dressed Black men. Plus it seems like American men themselves can be pretty abusive with getting drunk and beating their wives. Yet when Asian men do it they are put in the spotlight and seen as misogynist.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:16 PM

23,550 posts, read 24,057,818 times
Hispanic, African-American and Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackleLess View Post
What race of men do Caucasian females in Southern California typically marry and hook up with other than White men?

Old 08-18-2013, 06:15 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
I have a friend from the Philippines who met his white wife in Atlanta. Have you considered that it's not your race that makes you unsuccessful with women?

Old 08-18-2013, 07:54 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
The mixed couples I see the most in Seattle by far is Asian woman, white man.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:45 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,426,540 times
My GF is white.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:31 PM

604 posts, read 1,522,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackleLess View Post
I have a tough time when the statistics claim that Asian men born or raised in the USA marry out at such high rates as suggested. The city I live in right now is Atlanta and I have never in my life seen or known an Asian or Indian with a White girl, like ever. Article suggests such marriages are common in some places. Any Americans want to chime in?

Interracial Dating & Marriage : Asian-Nation :: Asian American History, Demographics, & Issues

Probably becuase you live in Atlanta. I'm sure Atalnta has a moderate sized Asian population, but it is not the west coast. Plenty of Asian men/White female pairings on the west coast of the U.S. and Canada.

That being said Asian women probably have the highest rate of marrying someone of a different ethnic group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.