Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:47 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
...don't forget Breaking Bad
I don't typically associate tv/movies with places unless it plays a central role (and honestly only if it's non-fiction). New Mexico gets a pass from me on Breaking Bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:24 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,823,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
With global warming, look north.
And inland

Old 10-08-2018, 06:28 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,122,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The coasts. There is no reason to think their momentum will stop, and the best jobs are increasingly consolidating into fewer coastal metros.
The thing is though that a lot of baby boomer are going to retire in the next 20 years, and my bet is they will move away from large coastal cities toward places with nice geographies and COL. There's been waves of people moving from CA to CO to retire for years now, and I think the trend will only intensify as this demographic bubble exits the workforce.

I don't think companies will be able to backfill people into the roles vacated by high ranking boomers in high COL coastal cities at the pace they will be moving out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Id say New Mexico has a bad reputation for a good portion of the population but maybe i just think that because of experience with people in my Bubble.I love New Mexico myself but i dont think it will improve very much long-term.There's simply not a lot of good jobs there.Thats my two cents.
The crime rate, when looking at total violent and property crimes, is through the roof for NM. It's one of the worst states for crime in the nation. That being said, there's plenty of areas that have that Rocky Mountain charm and beauty that Colorado has, but without the cost / congestion. And the culture is really unique as well.

I'd vote for the Ozarks being a place that grows / improves quite a bit over the next 40 years. Looking 40 years back, they were pretty empty and economically dead. There wasn't a real big tourist market there. But the area has grown quite a bit percentage wise. I don't see any reason for this trend to slow. There's cities starting to develop there and the area is surrounded by plenty of people who live in less geographically interesting locations and would want to WFH or retire there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.