Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Cyprus (entirely in Asia)
Historically and culturally, Cyprus has been considered a European country via its ties to Greece.

Is it "entirely" in Asia? Well, it lies closer to Asia than Europe in the Mediterranean, but continents are not scientifically defined, hence Europe not being considered a part of Asia, and the Millions of people who think the Western hemisphere consists of a single continent called America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 11:31 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
I determine how liberal they are by their drinking laws, and if they allow me to have a beer while walking down the street, or as a passenger in a car.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:00 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I determine how liberal they are by their drinking laws, and if they allow me to have a beer while walking down the street, or as a passenger in a car.
Sooo...Memphis is more liberal than NYC? Ok...

Old 04-20-2019, 01:44 PM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Then most of Canada (held up as a paragon of liberalism by many Americans) isn't liberal, then.

Last edited by Acajack; 04-20-2019 at 01:59 PM..

Old 04-20-2019, 11:16 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Yeah and Missouri which doesn't even have laws against public intoxication would be more liberal then New York as well LOL

That is a horrible metric

Old 04-21-2019, 07:02 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
^ It's definitely a metric, I'm not traveling to Iran or Saudi Arabia knowing their laws or the strict drug laws in southeast asia etc. Like I've said federal law in America > state law so it's no way to excuse that America is less liberal than any place in asia or both europes.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Historically and culturally, Cyprus has been considered a European country via its ties to Greece.

Is it "entirely" in Asia? Well, it lies closer to Asia than Europe in the Mediterranean, but continents are not scientifically defined, hence Europe not being considered a part of Asia, and the Millions of people who think the Western hemisphere consists of a single continent called America.

I definitely consider Europe as part of Asia but due to "political correctness" (political idiotism) I always use the terms eastern europe, western europe, asia. Geographically there is no border, not even the Ural mountains in Russia.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:45 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
^ It's definitely a metric, I'm not traveling to Iran or Saudi Arabia knowing their laws or the strict drug laws in southeast asia etc. Like I've said federal law in America > state law so it's no way to excuse that America is less liberal than any place in asia or both europes.
Except that's not actually how it is.

Old 04-21-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Except that's not actually how it is.

so when gay marriage became legal in America on federal level how then a state declare it's illegal in their state? Even if they can it seems odd and useless for the federal laws then...

Old 04-21-2019, 07:23 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
How is it not? They are pretty equal in this regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Then most of Canada (held up as a paragon of liberalism by many Americans) isn't liberal, then.
I said I determine how liberal they are by their drinking laws, there are many cities in the world that are pretty strict on drinking. This is the global forum, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yeah and Missouri which doesn't even have laws against public intoxication would be more liberal then New York as well LOL

That is a horrible metric
How is Missouri any more or less liberal than NY? In context of the world? They are very, very close regarding this, say compared to Iran or Egypt.

This is the global forum...

You all thinking there is some dynamic, huge difference between states in the US are ridiculous, and need to get out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.