Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 05:58 PM

13 posts, read 7,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityLxf2s6Sn View Post
I am an originally light skinned male turned brownish skinned due to sun exposure and health choices. I currently reside in Philadelphia as a homeless individual.

I am searching for a place with cheap rent, low COL, job opportunities, plenty of housing opportunities and ads for such, and above all else little to no black people or their hip hop thug culture which has spread seemingly everywhere here. White men are walking around with glorified miniature beat boxes and strolling like gangsters.

I prefer an area with predominantly white people who are not racists or are at least nonviolent like myself because that is who I am attracted to. I can however have minority friends. Although, I don't want to run into the blacks as I am changing my race or at least rarely. Their influence could hinder my immersion. The population needs to be considerable, large enough to hide in plain sight without running into the same persons.

This is a serious inquiry. Thank you for your assistance.

So far I've come up with Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine but no cities or towns.

I am grateful for anyone's help.
Greenwood, Indiana (Indianapolis suburb)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 06:02 PM

481 posts, read 422,858 times
Quote:
I would like to steer this back to the original question as any response to this could provoke racial tension. However, thank you for your concern.
I’ll stop bothering you. I know my words mean little to you.

Just one more thing before I leave the thread: these states you are considering are cold. Colder than you can fathom as you live in philly. If you continue a pattern of homelessness and are stuck outside in the winter in the upper Midwest or New England, you’ll die of hypothermia. So please put some serious thought into planning.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:39 PM

34 posts, read 12,805 times
You are not bothering me. I have already given hypothermia some thought and have avoided Duluth, MN for that reason. I wanted to move to a cooler environment, but to risk homelessness in such a place could be life threatening.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:41 PM

406 posts, read 342,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_hotline View Post
Yikes.

First, CRISPR is genetically editing embryos. Not fully matured humans. That’s centuries away if I had to take a wild guess. Not happening in your life time.

Second, I’m sorry you feel rejected. I know how that feels to feel alone because of what you look like. But desperately trying to wear the costume of something you're not won’t make you feel better. I’m mixed race and grew up in a all white area and often times felt singled out. For several years I disliked myself. But then as I built up my life, I started to accept and appreciate the person who I MADE myself to be through my own work and accomplishments.

Dicing yourself up to look like another race won’t make you happy. You’re not running from being black, you’re running from isolation and rejection, and the things that will actually save you are having a stable life, then growing in healthy ways from there. Not dicing yourself up.

You can live in a white society without changing who you are either. I’ve lived in rural white america and I still spoke with my philly area accent and mannerisms and obnoxious laugh and fit in great.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking like another race. He can be whoever he wants.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking like another race. He can be whoever he wants.
You REALLY don’t understand. This isn’t coming out of some curious fascination with another group of peoples. Read his post again. It sounds like it’s coming out of a lot of hurt. It’s not: whites are fascinating so I’ll be like them! He literally says he has been rejected and seeking acceptance with another group of people, desperately hoping that modifying his body and character into some caricature will give him the acceptance he craves. I may irritate him, and although I haven’t lived in his shoes, I’ve experienced a similar enough struggle to be able to relate. This isn’t just about role playing as someone else. It’s about reconciling our identity with our hopes and dreams. I don’t speak to belittle him. I speak because I know the hurt and have seen others physically destroyed because their external appearance just wasn’t enough for them. I’m hoping that my words at least give some kind of counter stance to the ideas in his mind, even if he considers it for mere moments.

This shouldn’t be over simplified into him wanting to be someone else. He is staking his happiness and life on this change, and IMO it’s an extremely unhealthy and dangerous gamble.

I still think he should go to Iowa, but I sincerely hope he has a plan beyond the bus ride.

Last edited by sad_hotline; 07-04-2019 at 06:55 PM..

Old 07-04-2019, 06:48 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,076 times
Quote:

Nothing "wrong" with it per se, of course not. As you said one can choose how one wants to look.
It is only a little sad that one thinks he/she needs to in order to be happy I guess....

Old 07-04-2019, 07:16 PM

34 posts, read 12,805 times
Actually, it IS some fascination, perhaps a word that doesn't amplify my true feelings, more than anything else. I just didn't want to turn this into that or insult anyone.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Actually, it IS some fascination, perhaps a word that doesn't amplify my true feelings, more than anything else. I just didn't want to turn this into that or insult anyone.
Hey, if that’s how you feel, then I apologize for imposing my own story onto yours. Bad habit of mine. The way you phrased things though don’t make it sound so peaches and cream. Just watch a few documentaries on skin bleaching and eye color surgery before you make a big move.

Last edited by sad_hotline; 07-04-2019 at 07:32 PM..

Old 07-04-2019, 07:35 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times
Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. I would highly recommend the Midwest. It is not too expensive and there seems to be a lot of jobs there. I am also considering relocating to an area that is predominantly White. I currently live in the Dallas, TX area and I am not truly happy here. I relocated to Texas from PA in April 2018 and it is not my type of environment. It is very segregated and there is a lot of subtle racial tension among different races here.
Parts of the Midwest are very white, other parts are not. The great lakes region especially has huge amounts of African Americans, Hispanics, and in Chicago, tons of diversity. This is not even mentioning St Louis, Kansas City, and Indianapolis. I would agree though places like Minnesota and the Dakotas are very, very white. The far northeast though is the most Caucasian part of the country, per capita. Some mountain west states like Idaho and Montana are as well.

Last edited by CCrest182; 07-04-2019 at 08:00 PM..

Old 07-04-2019, 10:26 PM

406 posts, read 342,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Parts of the Midwest are very white, other parts are not. The great lakes region especially has huge amounts of African Americans, Hispanics, and in Chicago, tons of diversity. This is not even mentioning St Louis, Kansas City, and Indianapolis. I would agree though places like Minnesota and the Dakotas are very, very white. The far northeast though is the most Caucasian part of the country, per capita. Some mountain west states like Idaho and Montana are as well.
I previously lived in a predominately White town in Western PA. Therefore, I would like the Midwest since I prefer the 4 seasons and I am most attracted to White women. I have lived in TX now for over a year and the only friend I made was a person who is from the Midwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.