Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 01:12 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You seem to be hypersensitive regarding geography, particularly as is applied to the Midwest. And pay attention to the thread before going after somebody. In the Souheast, 'up North' more often than not is referring to the NE, which is MUCH larger than the NY Metro in case you aren't aware.
Right, so like I was saying about that reveling...

I don't know how people in the Southeast would feel about you imputing your geographical tunnel vision on them, but who knows. Unlike you, I'll let them speak for themselves.

At this point you're reaching out all over the place trying to grasp for a point when there isn't one to be had. It's time to move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 01:23 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Right, so like I was saying about that reveling...

I don't know how people in the Southeast would feel about you imputing your geographical tunnel vision on them, but who knows. Unlike you, I'll let them speak for themselves.

At this point you're reaching out all over the place trying to grasp for a point when there isn't one to be had. It's time to move on.
You seem quite bitter, and very triggered by all this. Perhaps you need to rush over to Culver's for a butter burger drenched in mustard.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:39 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
No mustard here. I've been caught off guard by that once or twice. Mustard bothers my stomach, so if I suspect someone is going to pull that, I ask that they please don't. I'd rather be able to choose my own condiments and the amount that goes on them.

When I was a kid, I would get halfway through a hot dog and I would have to throw up. I figured there was something in hot dogs that didn't agree with me, and I avoided everything with that hot-doggy taste, like kielbasa and other sausages. Years later, I came to realize it was the mustard.

Even worse, I was someplace in the south once and they put MAYONNAISE on my burger without asking. MAYONNAISE. On a HAMBURGER. Hot mayonnaise dripping off meat has to be one of the most disgusting things ever. There should be a law against that. Or another thread.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:13 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
Places like Char-Grill, Cookout, BurgerFi, Five Guys you have to indicate what all you want on your burger - it comes with only the meat and bun. Places like McD's, Wendy's, Burger King, Hardee's, their menu items are "pre-set"...for example, Burger King's whopper comes with mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion. McD's double cheeseburger comes with ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions.

So I guess the answer is no, the burgers do not come with mustard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
No I wouldn't.

Let me put it this way, the Midwest comprises a hell of a lot more of the North than the NY metro does, perhaps half or more of what most people generally think of as "the North."

Most people don't actually revel in their ignorance of basic geographical facts about their own country. It's a baffling phenomenon to witness.
Actually yes you are wrong. 9 times out of 10 if someone in the south mentions "up north" they're talking about the northeast and New England, not the midwest. If they meant "up north" around MN, WI, IA, etc they would say the midwest.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:16 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,705,570 times
I know that White Castle's hamburgers do.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:15 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No mustard here. I've been caught off guard by that once or twice. Mustard bothers my stomach, so if I suspect someone is going to pull that, I ask that they please don't. I'd rather be able to choose my own condiments and the amount that goes on them.

When I was a kid, I would get halfway through a hot dog and I would have to throw up. I figured there was something in hot dogs that didn't agree with me, and I avoided everything with that hot-doggy taste, like kielbasa and other sausages. Years later, I came to realize it was the mustard.

Even worse, I was someplace in the south once and they put MAYONNAISE on my burger without asking. MAYONNAISE. On a HAMBURGER. Hot mayonnaise dripping off meat has to be one of the most disgusting things ever. There should be a law against that. Or another thread.
I like mayo on my burgers

A word of warning for you. If you ever make it out to BC and go to a White Spot restaurant, TRIPLE-O Sauce is there in house mayo and comes on some burgers.

TRIPLE-O Sauce wasn't always a mayo. It meant a triple orders of sauces on your burgers, so triple the amount of ketchup, mayo and relish..or mustard...not sure.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:16 PM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Here in Sacramento California, it seems like mayo or Thousand Island dressing is the default condiment for local burgers. Ketchup is common but mustard is not. Being a mustard fanatic, I always have to put some on my burger.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:21 PM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Here in the Sacramento area, we have a hamburger chain called "Nations Giant Hamburgers". The DROWN their hamburgers in slathered mayo. Just hose it with the stuff. I always have to wipe it off if I forget to tell them, NO Mayo please!

But mustard? Oh yeah. I have never had too much mustard on a burger. Someone once noted I love vinegar and I always pick the most vinegar based sauces and condiments available. Mustard contains vinegar, so that must be why I love it so much. They say vinegar is bad for you because it lowers your pH but I don't care. My pH is the least of my worries.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I like mayo on my burgers

A word of warning for you. If you ever make it out to BC and go to a White Spot restaurant, TRIPLE-O Sauce is there in house mayo and comes on some burgers.

TRIPLE-O Sauce wasn't always a mayo. It meant a triple orders of sauces on your burgers, so triple the amount of ketchup, mayo and relish..or mustard...not sure.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Here in the Sacramento area, we have a hamburger chain called "Nations Giant Hamburgers". The DROWN their hamburgers in slathered mayo. Just hose it with the stuff. I always have to wipe it off if I forget to tell them, NO Mayo please!

But mustard? Oh yeah. I have never had too much mustard on a burger. Someone once noted I love vinegar and I always pick the most vinegar based sauces and condiments available. Mustard contains vinegar, so that must be why I love it so much. They say vinegar is bad for you because it lowers your pH but I don't care. My pH is the least of my worries.
I do like vinegar, but I don't like the way my stomach feels from mustard. It's not quite heartburn, but an uncomfortable, unsettled sensation that takes hours to go away. It's a shame because there are so many mustards and they have different interesting flavors.

I don't think I ate mayonnaise until I was an adult outside of tuna sandwiches, then a friend got a turkey and provolone sandwich with mayonnaise once and split it with me. I was reluctant but didn't want to be rude, plus I was hungry, and I found that mayo on a sandwich like that was pretty good. I still don't like too much, though. Sometimes they glop it on. I just want a thin spread of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.