Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:06 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times

Advertisements

Detroit has to be a Doberman. Woof Woof.
Chicago a Bulldog ( Schurz H.S. ) ( also resembles most city workers )
Florida is a Tortoise ( the Comcast Slowskies )
L.A. a pack of Wolves.
Oregon = Ducks ( too easy )
San Fransisco a Unicorn
San Diego a Coyote
New York a rat ( actually a compliment, very resilient )
( not to mention the obvious rat race )

Couldn't decide on the Eagle, so I guess that goes to all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 09:19 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
New York- same as FutureCop's animal.
Philly- The Hyena because they are fierce and hang around the lion.
fuggin highlarious

Old 04-18-2008, 09:26 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,912,350 times
I agree with Danco on Chicago as a bulldog. Or maybe a bull. Or a gorilla. Any brawny animal is a good metaphor for "the city of the broad shoulders."

Old 04-18-2008, 10:06 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,392,752 times
Chicago is a bulldog, I agree. St. Louis I like to think of as an eagle because of Anheuser Busch...when you drive along Interstate 64 through the heart of St. Louis, you see a big sign with a computer-animated eagle flapping its wings. New York would have to be an elephant, D.C. maybe also an eagle, I honestly don't know. This is a really silly thread.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Wow you people from Chicago are jerks, Omaha is in no way slow right now, maybe you should go and see. Our downtown is vibrant and expanding our suburbs are expanding and, our economy is so powerful . We have 5 fortune 500 companies in our metro which population is 830,000. Chicago has over 9.6 million and has 27 in its metro. Ratio wise, Omaha's is larger and our economy is most likely stronger than when Chicago was our size. So if you were to base
Omaha off its economic strength, It would be at least a greyhound.
Don't get too caught up in Omaha getting called a sloth. Sid in Ice Age was a sloth and he is a cool guy.

Also, all the "waste" that comes from these animals ends up in D.C. Nothing against the city, just a political joke.

Actually, we all just squirrels going after our nut, whatever nut that may be.

Last edited by tpabes; 04-18-2008 at 10:36 PM..

Old 04-18-2008, 11:15 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
Detroit- maggot
New York- Whale
L.A.- Poodle
S.F.- Peacock
San Diego- Dolphin
Dallas- jack rabbit

Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Scranton: Dodo Bird

Old 04-19-2008, 03:28 AM

263 posts, read 798,591 times
L. A. would be a Stallion, jet black. NY would be an a s s! (No offense) You know, not moving or lifting a hand for anyone, and chronically into itself

Old 04-19-2008, 01:05 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Wow you people from Chicago are jerks
Actually, I think the real "jerks" are the ones who like to call other people names. Someone didnt like Omaha, big deal, live with it. You dont like Chicagoans (as dozens of your posts have pointed out), I could care less. Im not gonna lose any sleep over the fact that someone from Omaha doesnt like me. And personally, I found his description of Omaha to be quite funny, if entirely untrue.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Actually, I think the real "jerks" are the ones who like to call other people names. Someone didnt like Omaha, big deal, live with it. You dont like Chicagoans (as dozens of your posts have pointed out), I could care less. Im not gonna lose any sleep over the fact that someone from Omaha doesnt like me. And personally, I found his description of Omaha to be quite funny, if entirely untrue.
For the record, I have noticed that it is often times the Chicagoans who initially go on the offensive by making callous remarks about various other cities, especially Indianapolis, St. Louis, and Omaha, and then when residents of these cities rise to the call to defend their turf from what they feel is unjust criticism, they are labeled as "Chicago-bashers." Why? Do folks in Chicago expect the luxury of being able to thumb their noses at other cities without garnering any backlash. When someone bashes Scranton into the ground I dish the dirt right back at them. When someone from Chicago says something unflattering and unpleasant about another Midwest city, shouldn't you expect an in-kind response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.