Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:39 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,289,953 times

Advertisements

NYC- A Pigeon because they have lots of them

Los Angeles- A Rattle Snake...cause they have them nearby.

Chicago- A Hawk...I don't know why

Houston- a Crane...cause it is sort of swampy...and you see them in the swamp...the white birds...with long legs

Austin- A Dwarf isn't an animal...but haha...I don't know why.

Philly-A bear...once again IDK

Phoenix- A phoenix...

San Antonio- An Armadillo

San Diego- a Saber tooth tiger, mainly because of the movie 'Ice Age' where there is a saber tooth tiger named Diego...

Dallas-A Elephant ...IDK why....

San Jose- a Hose....LOL...not an animal...maybe one of those silly flower play hose things...they seem alive...especially when they spray you.

Seattle- A Horse...because Seattle sounds like Saddle, and you put Saddles on Horses...LOL

St. Louis- Fish, IDK why

New Orleans- a French Person...a most exotic animal...LOL JKJKJK...really...an Alligator...cause they have alligators!

Miami-an Iguana...IDK why

Boston- A dove...idk why

Memphis- a golden retriever... idk why

Detroit- a space craft ship... not really sure why...not really an animal either

Portland- uhh...a mouse...

San Fran- an Rabbit...LOL

Cleveland- A Hamster

Atlanta- a Cat

Baltimore- a Dog, probably cause of some movie with the little sick kids and the dogs have to get medicine in Alaska or something

Honolulu- the Volcano god? LOL

Anchorage- a Whale

Minneapolis- a Shark

Denver- Mountain Lion

Tuscon- uhh a Cactus?

Charlotte- a Spider, main because of that movie called 'Charlotte's web'

Nashville- a lizard

El Paso- A scorpion

Jacksonville- A dolphin

Cincinnati- a tent worm...LOL

OKC- a Chicken

Des Moines- Ground Beef LOL?

Washington DC- a sponge, because when you wash you use a sponge...wash the word washing is in Washington DC

Scranton- A caterpillar *cough*... idk why...

I tried to get everyone... am I missing someone major?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Well, genius, if youd look back to the first page, you can see who started the whole thing. No Chicagoans thumbed their noses at anyone on this thread, nor would there be any reason too. People can respond back, but calling Chicagoans "jerks" gave me enough reason to respond. Comprende?
Being called a person of superior intelllect by the second-most read person on this forum? Has my cup runneth over?

For the record, even if Go Ne, metro223, or one of the others "started" THIS ROUND, you and a few other fellow ChicagoLanders are certainly just as guilty of initiating many other conflicts in other threads.

Comprende? Si. Yo quiero Taco Bell!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yes, we cannot handle verbal abuse from superior Nebraskans, therefore we will bow our heads in shame, tuck tail and run.
I never implied we were superior, and, look where the other people who are helping me are from. I don't think Scranton, Pennsylvania (which obviously the best city in the Eastern United States) is in Nebraska. Neither are Philadelphia, Seattle, or St. Louis.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Scranton, Pennsylvania (which obviously the best city in the Eastern United States)
Wow, your lips are getting more brown by the second.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Being called a person of superior intelllect by the second-most read person on this forum? Has my cup runneth over?

For the record, even if Go Ne, metro223, or one of the others "started" THIS ROUND, you and a few other fellow ChicagoLanders are certainly just as guilty of initiating many other conflicts in other threads.

Comprende? Si. Yo quiero Taco Bell!
What happened to the "SWB"?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:44 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Maybe because most guys in PA look and act like bears,lol.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:46 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
I think of Chicago as an arachnid of some sort. It's in a dark place where the sun rarely shines, it's usually wearing dark 'clothing' and it looks small until it's poisoned you and is trying to eat your brains out. Oh, and the never ending political games. Webs upon webs upon webs.

I think of NYC like a zebra. Black and white clothes that it's constantly convincing the rest of the nation are really in style

Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
It's in a dark place where the sun rarely shines,
Since when was Chicago in the PacNW?

Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
NYC- A Pigeon because they have lots of them

Los Angeles- A Rattle Snake...cause they have them nearby.

Chicago- A Hawk...I don't know why

Houston- a Crane...cause it is sort of swampy...and you see them in the swamp...the white birds...with long legs

Austin- A Dwarf isn't an animal...but haha...I don't know why.

Phoenix- A phoenix...

San Antonio- An Armadillo

San Diego- a Saber tooth tiger, mainly because of the movie 'Ice Age' where there is a saber tooth tiger named Diego...

Dallas-A Elephant ...IDK why....

San Jose- a Hose....LOL...not an animal...maybe one of those silly flower play hose things...they seem alive...especially when they spray you.

Seattle- A Horse...because Seattle sounds like Saddle, and you put Saddles on Horses...LOL

St. Louis- Fish, IDK why

New Orleans- a French Person...a most exotic animal...LOL JKJKJK...really...an Alligator...cause they have alligators!

Miami-an Iguana...IDK why

Boston- A dove...idk why

Memphis- a golden retriever... idk why

Detroit- a space craft ship... not really sure why...not really an animal either

Portland- uhh...a mouse...

San Fran- an Rabbit...LOL

Cleveland- A Hamster

Atlanta- a Cat

Baltimore- a Dog, probably cause of some movie with the little sick kids and the dogs have to get medicine in Alaska or something

Honolulu- the Volcano god? LOL

Anchorage- a Whale

Minneapolis- a Shark

Denver- Mountain Lion

Tuscon- uhh a Cactus?

Charlotte- a Spider, main because of that movie called 'Charlotte's web'

Nashville- a lizard

El Paso- A scorpion

Jacksonville- A dolphin

Cincinnati- a tent worm...LOL

OKC- a Chicken

Des Moines- Ground Beef LOL?

Washington DC- a sponge, because when you wash you use a sponge...wash the word washing is in Washington DC

Scranton- A caterpillar *cough*... idk why...

I tried to get everyone... am I missing someone major?

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:49 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
I'm from Chicago...please refrain from putting us all in the same boat. Sometimes my fellow Chicagoans embarrass me.

They wonder why Wisconsin people hate us....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.