U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite state-line area to live and/or visit???
Georgia-Florida 9 19.57%
Georgia-South Carolina 19 41.30%
Georgia-Alabama 2 4.35%
Georgia-Tennessee 13 28.26%
Florida-Alabama 8 17.39%
Alabama-Mississippi 0 0%
Mississippi-Louisiana 1 2.17%
Mississippi-Arkansas 1 2.17%
Mississippi-Tennessee 1 2.17%
Louisiana-Arkansas 0 0%
Texas-Oklahoma 3 6.52%
Texas-Arkansas 1 2.17%
Texas-Louisiana 1 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 06:23 AM

9,565 posts, read 18,896,491 times

Advertisements

I like the Colorado/New Mexico state line area between Taos and the San Luis Valley, around Raton Pass, Chama & Pagosa Springs, all remarkably beautiful areas where the high desert, the plains, and the Rockies meet. Also the Utah/Colorado state line where red rock country and the western slope of the Rockies meet. The transitions in scenery between states exemplify the iconic landscapes the states are known for. The whole four corners region (AZ/NM/UT/CO) is a really cool area.

The Oregon/California state line area around Siskiyou Pass which includes nearby attractions Mt. Shasta, Crater Lake, and the Redwoods and a gorgeous coastline is an area I'd like to return to.

The Connecticut/Rhode Island state line area on the coast has some of my favorite beaches and coastal towns in New England (Misquamicut Beach, Watch Hill, & Mystic).

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 11-10-2019 at 06:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2019, 09:17 AM
sub
Status: "If I post, there's a legitimate reason for it." (set 11 days ago)

1,259 posts, read 568,823 times
Mississippi/Tennessee because of Memphis.

Outside of the poll, Missouri/Kansas because of Kansas City.

Old 11-10-2019, 01:22 PM

154 posts, read 28,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Four Corners. I just love how those straight lines come together at a 90º angle, you know?

They say you haven't seen America until you've experienced the majesty and the splendor of our state borders.
Lookout Mountain....Tennessee....ahhhhh been a long time, amazing view!

Old 11-10-2019, 01:23 PM

154 posts, read 28,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Mississippi/Tennessee because of Memphis.

Outside of the poll, Missouri/Kansas because of Kansas City.
Is it nice around the MISS/TN border? I've always heard Memphis is real rough...but isn't the MS side pretty decent? Are Oxford and Starkville considered part of the metro?

Old 11-10-2019, 05:51 PM
sub
Status: "If I post, there's a legitimate reason for it." (set 11 days ago)

1,259 posts, read 568,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCAA5000 View Post
Is it nice around the MISS/TN border? I've always heard Memphis is real rough...but isn't the MS side pretty decent? Are Oxford and Starkville considered part of the metro?
No. Oxford is closer, but without looking it up I’d say it’s not part of the metro. They’d be stretching it if it is.
And it’s not particularly a nice area. Not horrible, but not great. Memphis has a lot of rough areas but still kinda cool. I just like it better than anything else on the list. Mississippi has some of the better suburbs as well as the eastern ones in Tennessee. The Arkansas portion is much more sparse and not much there other than an old dog race track and some hit and miss residential areas.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:56 PM

14,145 posts, read 22,699,778 times
Georgia-South Carolina (Savannah, Augusta, Lake Hartwell).

Georgia-Tennessee (Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, Dalton-Chatsworth, Chickamauga, Cleveland-Ocoee).

Georgia-Florida (Saint Marys-Kings Bay-Jacksonville, Valdosta, Bainbridge, Tallahassee, Thomasville)

Old 11-10-2019, 07:07 PM

5,883 posts, read 2,270,535 times
Sometimes a state line can be very conspicuous on the ground. Along old US-90, there was a very pronounced change in land use at the Florida-Alabama line.

There is a noticeable change between Marinette WI and Menominie MI, that reflects the differences that can be seen all the way through those very different states.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:40 AM

5,883 posts, read 2,270,535 times
I've never been across the Montana-South Dakota state line, but it is beautiful country up there.

I've crossed the Missouri-Kentucky line, on the Hickman Ferry. Also, crossed from Oklahoma into both Colorado and New Mexico.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:38 AM

15,683 posts, read 32,493,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I lived in Florida, bought everything a half hour away in Georgia. Gas 30% cheaper ,my MIL's cigs maybe half.
It's the opposite for me. I technically live in Alabama, but I buy my groceries and nearly everything else in Florida due to no tax on groceries and sales tax about 2% lower. Gas is a little cheaper in AL though.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:01 AM

814 posts, read 334,407 times
Of the poll choices - GA/SC, because I love Savannah. Honorable mentions go to GA/TN (Chattanooga/mountains) and FL/AL (beautiful beaches).

Outside of the poll, my vote is for the WA/OR border (Columbia River ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or