Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:15 PM

15 posts, read 28,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
It's funny how the metros with high violent crime rates have a high black population percentage, while metros with a low violent crime rate have an almost non-existent black population.
Wow, reading your posts it's obvious you're a total racist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 10:53 PM

163 posts, read 524,015 times
Skyscraper Enthusiast

I don't see anything funny about it all.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,979,682 times
I cant believe Lubbock,TX made the list,I use to live 1 1/2 hours from there and there was nothing dangerous about that city,I never thought of it as a high crime metro or city,the list must be screwed.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:54 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,936,086 times
Quote:
It's funny how the metros with high violent crime rates have a high black population percentage, while metros with a low violent crime rate have an almost non-existent black population.
I wouldn't call it funny, but that doesn't mean its not true. :/

Old 04-21-2008, 04:37 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,544,388 times
This is interesting indeed but come on guys let's leave the black and white issue out of this since it will most certainly kill the post.

I would like to hear from those that actually live in these cities/towns to get an accurate rating of the violence, then let us see how that stacks up against this list.

Hmm funny thing most midwesterners know of east st louis, il, but yet the list does not show it unless i missed it, now what does that tell one of this list.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:12 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,822,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygrapes View Post
Was what I said incorrect?

Old 04-21-2008, 06:50 AM

20,501 posts, read 33,331,850 times
Quote:
It was irresponsible. I and most others on this board would appreciate if you kept the racism off the forum especially out of this thread since these are the type of threads you like to show your true colors.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 AM

8,358 posts, read 25,155,432 times
Quote:
Your observation of the situation is correct in that the cities listed with less crime do have very small populations of blacks, but these cities are all really small cities with tiny populations in the first place which I believe plays the majority role in the safety factor. Your post was rude because you give the impression that it is your opinion that only blacks commit crimes.

Bangor, ME is about 98-99% white. So is Lewiston, ME. Both cities only have a population of of around 30,000 (and by the way, are considered extremely large and metropolitan by Maine standards). Portland, ME I believe is around 89-90% white and has a population of 65,000 and the crime here is considered to be out of hand by Maine standards.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,161,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygrapes View Post
Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another, usually involving hatred or discrimination. I didnt see anything that Scraper Enthuiast posted that would label him/her a racist. On the otherhand accusing someone of being a racist for pointing out verifiable facts is dispicable and quite frankly wreaks of insecurity.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:59 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,936,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another, usually involving hatred or discrimination. I didnt see anything that Scraper Enthuiast posted that would label him/her a racist. On the otherhand accusing someone of being a racist for pointing out verifiable facts is dispicable and quite frankly wreaks of insecurity.
That was well said. I think some of the posters quickness to point out "racism" in others might show that they might be insecure or perhaps issues of their own, and by being quick to publically call someone a racist cover up some of their own underlying negative opinions, and make them feel better about themselves. Just an oberservation. People like to throw around the word "racist" on this board, even when it really isn't appropriate. Now if someone says, "race X is better than race Y", there might be reason to say such things.

Anyways, this is an interesting list. I'd like to see a similar list of mid and large metros individually. Normally you see them all grouped into one big list of most dangerous. Also, you often see most dangerous city lists, that don't always contain accurate representations of the whole metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.