Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:53 PM

64 posts, read 180,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
Really? I don't recall his other posts. This one didn't seem racist to me.
I'll quote this again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast
Rick, I know that you're simply unable to get your mind around such a simple concept as race, as you probably do not think that such exists. However, for one moment, think about places around the Earth where whites live and where blacks live. Now that we have envisioned those places, what are the conditions? How long have these conditions been this way? Where have most inventions come from? Once you understand this, and come to grips with this reality, you'll understand that socioeconomic status isn't the reason. It is a side-effect.
This is blatantly racist. You may not remember it, but other people do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 05:34 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,187,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
It's funny how the metros with high violent crime rates have a high black population percentage, while metros with a low violent crime rate have an almost non-existent black population.
That is because massive white flight to the suburbs inflates the actual numbers that make up the black population. Here in Little Rock this is a HUGE problem. Most white transplants here are terrified to live in the city and are willing to endure commutes well over an hour just so they don't have to be in the same county.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:38 PM

909 posts, read 2,971,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
Vision-Quest, Columbus, IN could very well be a MSA because the city only has to have 50,000 people.

ya i know dude, sorry to brake it to ya, but C-bus has only 40,000....

Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 PM

seriously guys, lay of the heat, what do black people have to do with crime?? maybe if guys would just leave them alone and lay of the steam with all this critisism going on, than it wouldnt be so bad! just imagine it if the critisism was against the whites... how would you deal with it??

im good friends with alot of black people and they are the coolest friends ive met!

Old 04-21-2008, 05:46 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,187,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
seriously guys, lay of the heat, what do black people have to do with crime?? maybe if guys would just leave them alone and lay of the steam with all this critisism going on, than it wouldnt be so bad! just imagine it if the critisism was against the whites... how would you deal with it??

im good friends with alot of black people and they are the coolest friends ive met!
I completely agree with you, but especially here in the South, white and affluent blacks flee to suburbia leaving mostly poor blacks in the inner city. Poverty usually equals an increase in crime, whether black, white, brown, or anything else.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM

ya thats something i deffinantly left out chris. i agree with your part also

Old 04-21-2008, 06:56 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,399,432 times
Quote:
ya i know dude, sorry to brake it to ya, but C-bus has only 40,000....
I said it "very well could be" ... I didn't know the pop.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:59 PM

i just had to break it to ya, thats all.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:01 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,399,432 times
Quote:
i just had to break it to ya, thats all.
Break what to me? It's not like my relative died. I think I'll be okay - glad you were considerate though. I'm gonna go eat some food now.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:45 PM

127 posts, read 162,170 times
I think I'm just going to start posting random things that have nothing to do with the topic. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.