Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 04:37 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,867,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
That is doable in Denver. You'd be giving up the beach for the mountains. Fantastic outdoor recreation, though, and better big city amenities than any other city in the Intermountain West.
I agree and that would be my recommendation as well. Denver also blends the best attributes for the OP as well with the as mentioned outdoor recreation possibilities, along with 300+ sunny days per year. The neighborhoods downtown around Union Station and Coors Field have some great loft apartments close to the Platte River biking/running trails. My favorite is the Congress Park neighborhood which is wedged between two municipal parks, massive City Park and Cheesman Park. It's close to everything and has a lot of greenery which is nice for an urban area. https://www.streetadvisor.com/congre...ounty-colorado
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 02:01 PM

9 posts, read 5,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I agree and that would be my recommendation as well. Denver also blends the best attributes for the OP as well with the as mentioned outdoor recreation possibilities, along with 300+ sunny days per year. The neighborhoods downtown around Union Station and Coors Field have some great loft apartments close to the Platte River biking/running trails. My favorite is the Congress Park neighborhood which is wedged between two municipal parks, massive City Park and Cheesman Park. It's close to everything and has a lot of greenery which is nice for an urban area. https://www.streetadvisor.com/congre...ounty-colorado
Thanks Kyle!

Old 03-11-2020, 10:11 AM

Bump!

Old 03-12-2020, 12:11 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,510,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
I’m talking about the social fabric because that’s highly relevant to your daily life, and social fabric varies widely among the Southwestern states, despite what people would lead you to believe otherwise. You go hiking once per month, if you have time. You deal with people 24/7 at home, at work, in the community, etc.
Your argument really holds no water. As bluescreen73 said, the OP didn't mention religion at all. I've visited nearly every major area in the West over the decades innumerable times and have never experienced anything that you mentioned, not even on a remote level. Any identity group or social group that you can possibly name will have a number who are "anti-social", which can be a very subjective term based on personal biases. Religious people are no more so than any group you conveniently chose not to apply your focus. So, my guess is this has more to do with some personal agst/bigotry you have towards religious individuals more than anything based within the realms of reality.

Old 03-12-2020, 01:47 AM

181 posts, read 166,306 times
Vancouver, WA. Pay no state income tax, shop tax-free across the river, enjoy the great Pacific Northwest outdoors.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunatus View Post
Vancouver, WA. Pay no state income tax, shop tax-free across the river, enjoy the great Pacific Northwest outdoors.
Thanks for your recommendation

Old 03-13-2020, 05:09 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,035,036 times
What are you looking for that Vermont didn’t have? Vermont seems pretty outdoorsy, beautiful, and close enough a lot of what you are looking for.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
What are you looking for that Vermont didn’t have? Vermont seems pretty outdoorsy, beautiful, and close enough a lot of what you are looking for.
Yes you are right, VT is all of those things! I've thought about returning but I'm looking for a change with bigger mountains, more sunshine/less gloomy than the northeast, closer to national parks, ect. Any ideas? Thanks!

Old 03-13-2020, 11:27 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,480,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg24 View Post
Yes you are right, VT is all of those things! I've thought about returning but I'm looking for a change with bigger mountains, more sunshine/less gloomy than the northeast, closer to national parks, ect. Any ideas? Thanks!
St. George, Utah. Stunning and hits all your checkmarks here.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
St. George, Utah. Stunning and hits all your checkmarks here.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.