Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 08:43 PM

153 posts, read 101,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I know there is more to it than this, but some of these posts on here almost seem to boil down to “Delaware, we are less than 2 hours from a real place you’d love to be at”.
Totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 01:18 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
If one plans to be taking roadtrips every single weekend then sure.....there's some merit to this. Do we think OP's priority is being within a 5 hour drive to the Met? Or would they prefer to have move activities/amenities in the actual city where they live without having to take a 2-3 hour train ride or 5 hour drive?

Outside of your pretentious generalizations about places you've probably never been to....I'd be curious to hear about what Wilmington, Delaware has to offer in day-to-day quality of life in it's immediate area which can't be found in any of NC's city/metro areas?
This.

I guess being a former Houstonian now living in Philadelphia qualifies one to portray all of North Caroinas cities as 'sterile and sunbelt.' Houston may as well be on another planet compared to NC, a State I'm sure they know nothing of.

My vote goes to the beautiful State of North Carolina, and it's not even close.

Last edited by JMatl; 11-12-2020 at 01:36 AM..

Old 11-12-2020, 08:11 AM

564 posts, read 1,041,612 times
Kyle19125, I've been looking at Hendersonville a lot. It's pricey also. Whatever jobs I've been applying for in that area haven't panned out so I've gotten discouraged. I did have a seasonal part-time offer for a retail job at the Biltmore but that job would be cut back "drastically" as HR said, so I didn't move forward with it. A few others haven't gone anywhere either, these being teaching support ones. Perhaps part of the job challenge is age and part is the effects of COVID on staffing. I won't go into all that but you're right, areas around there are but they aren't affordable for me. Probably more remote places would have more reasonable prices. Haven't checked into them. I did check out Black Mountain also. Also gorgeous areas!

Old 11-12-2020, 08:28 AM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I know there is more to it than this, but some of these posts on here almost seem to boil down to “Delaware, we are less than 2 hours from a real place you’d love to be at”.
Indeed.

In light of recent events I definitely think Delaware and the Philly area in general are certainly worth celebrating as they brought an end to a 4 year nightmare...

However; I still stand by my previous statements and analysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.