Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 01:47 PM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post

States with the lowest rates of COVID-19 deaths
1. Hawaii
2. Wyoming
3. West Virginia
4. Utah
5. North Carolina
6. Montana
7. Iowa
8. New Mexico
9. Tennessee
10. Nebraska
New Mexico is locked down pretty tight and for good reason. We have 20+ Indian Pueblo and Navajo communities that are at serious risk and a tradition of extended families. There are nine group living facilities with active cases. Self-Isolation and restrictions seem to be respected for the most part and will make a difference. The peak is still ten days or more away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 08:41 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Here are graphics and Coronavirus map tracking included:
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...rus-in-the-u-s

Old 04-15-2020, 11:07 AM

747 posts, read 497,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Here's an update.

States hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic so far.
New York
New Jersey
Louisiana
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Michigan
Rhode Island
Washington
Illinois
Pennsylvania

States spared by the COVID-19 pandemic so far.
West Virginia
Montana
Hawaii
Wyoming
Arkansas
Nebraska
Minnesota
North Dakota
North Carolina
Alaska
Oregon
Georgia should be on the top list

Old 04-15-2020, 11:10 AM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
As of now, Texas has done relatively well.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:51 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,766,606 times
Lots of my family (urban, African Americans, some nurses) have been infected in Boston and NJ. Very acutely felt right now...so far by brother and cousin in NYC are fine. But I have friends in NYC with it.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:02 PM

1,094 posts, read 808,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Lots of my family (urban, African Americans, some nurses) have been infected in Boston and NJ. Very acutely felt right now...so far by brother and cousin in NYC are fine. But I have friends in NYC with it.
A lady who I know in Brooklyn has been diagnosed with it. It's pretty high in the Bos-Wash corridor due the highly dense population.

Old 04-21-2020, 04:52 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post

I was surprised to recently read that 30% of covid patients are African-American. No bueno

Old 04-23-2020, 12:18 PM

724 posts, read 560,593 times
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...d-out-how-long

I guess we're going to find out how long COVID has been on the West Coast. There's probably thousands of samples to go through in California alone to see. However, I have noticed a spike in California the last few days, which could be

1) A second wave - which is possible given what happened in Hong Kong and South Korea
2) More testing and more positives

Old 04-23-2020, 05:08 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...d-out-how-long

I guess we're going to find out how long COVID has been on the West Coast. There's probably thousands of samples to go through in California alone to see. However, I have noticed a spike in California the last few days, which could be

1) A second wave - which is possible given what happened in Hong Kong and South Korea
2) More testing and more positives
I noticed that as well. CA's numbers are increasing more rapidly than before it seems, right? I hope it means more testing. They've been quite low on testing per capita, and I doubt it's due to people with lack of symptoms because I've ready some news stories from reputable sources of people having all the symptoms yet unable to get tests. The families are paying private companies to test their dead relatives to find out if they had COVID-19, and many of them have come back positive. Those are just stories of people making the news. CA definitely has had a lot of people not get tested and/or die before getting tested. So I think these new spikes are higher testing rates...hopefully.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
A lady who I know in Brooklyn has been diagnosed with it. It's pretty high in the Bos-Wash corridor due the highly dense population.
Yeah, it reflects why it won't be too surprising if concerts and sports events across the country may not be allowed to gather for the rest of the year. But I hope it will be decided it won't have to be that way come fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.