Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 04:45 PM

26 posts, read 21,613 times

Advertisements

How do I survive the cold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 04:50 PM

10,282 posts, read 6,808,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagovsnyc View Post
How do I survive the cold?
As far as "dating" is concerned, find a LARGE person to date. They should provide warmth during the Winter months.

And, as a side benefit, provide shade during Summertime!

Old 08-23-2020, 04:59 PM

12,805 posts, read 9,529,246 times
OP sounds real familiar.

Austin does not have a lot of fat chicks.

My pick would be Chicago right now. If I were single with that budget and can live anywhere? Chicago.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:40 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,164,502 times
Quote:
What's important to me:
- Dating (very important)
- Not blowing all my money
- Exercising
-

Rent budget
$2300

I work from home. I'm open to ANY city, but everyone tells me NYC or Chicago. Obviously, $2300 goes MUCH further in Chicago than NYC.

The only issue: The cities are dying from Covid-19. Should I still move there? I want to be in a trendy spot, but it seems like other places suck for dating (like Austin, Miami)
So I take it you're male and straight? If that's the case I heard good things about NYC. Pre-covid of course.
If you're female then I guess the ranking would be reversed.

Old 08-23-2020, 07:39 PM

561 posts, read 513,422 times
Quote:
What's important to me:
- Exercising
-

Rent budget
$2300

I work from home. I'm open to ANY city, but everyone tells me NYC or Chicago. Obviously, $2300 goes MUCH further in Chicago than NYC.

The only issue: The cities are dying from Covid-19. Should I still move there? I want to be in a trendy spot, but it seems like other places suck for dating (like Austin, Miami)
A city you should look into- Omaha. I work from home as well. Great city and metro.

Metro population of 1 million. Rent budget would be close to 1/2 of that for a nice apartment. Your money will stretch a much longer way here. Nice neighborhoods, excellent craft beer scene..Numerous entertainment districts, diverse population, diverse stable economy. Omaha is a great choice and has it all. Forget the hassles of NY or Chicago.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:24 PM

88 posts, read 89,057 times
Quote:
What's important to me:
- Exercising
-

Rent budget
$2300

Please move to Chicago.
They need more people like you there.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:23 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,692,864 times
Atlanta

Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,529,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Joe Young View Post
A city you should look into- Omaha. I work from home as well. Great city and metro.

Metro population of 1 million. Rent budget would be close to 1/2 of that for a nice apartment. Your money will stretch a much longer way here. Nice neighborhoods, excellent craft beer scene..Numerous entertainment districts, diverse population, diverse stable economy. Omaha is a great choice and has it all. Forget the hassles of NY or Chicago.
Not a bad idea. Big fish, little pond.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:57 AM

1,204 posts, read 776,027 times
Quote:
I would have actually picked Austin but dating there is in the ****tier. I think 10 years ago it was amazing but the tech bros killed the dating scene.
I also find Chicago and NYC to have skinnier and more diverse women. I’m not really into the fat Texas chicks or trying to have a bad dating pool.
Really? And, nothing has to do with your attitude?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.