Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2020, 09:04 AM

129 posts, read 111,434 times

Advertisements

S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Index Shows Annual Home Price Gains Increased to 5.7% in August

Link: https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/in...-57-in-august/

"YEAR-OVER-YEAR
The S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller U.S. National Home Price NSA Index, covering all nine U.S. census divisions, reported a 5.7% annual gain in August, up from 4.8% in the previous month. The 10-City Composite annual increase came in at 4.7%, up from 3.5% in the previous month. The 20-City Composite posted a 5.2% year-over-year gain, up from 4.1% in the previous month.

Phoenix, Seattle and San Diego reported the highest year-over-year gains among the 19 cities (excluding Detroit) in August. Phoenix led the way with a 9.9% year-over-year price increase, followed by Seattle with an 8.5% increase and San Diego with a 7.6% increase. All 19 cities reported higher price increases in the year ending August 2020 versus the year ending July 2020."

“Phoenix’s 9.9% increase topped the league table for August; this is the 15th consecutive month in which Phoenix home prices rose more than those of any other city. Seattle (8.5%) once again took the silver medal, with San Diego (7.6%) in third place. It’s a measure of housing’s strength that even the worst-performing cities, Chicago (1.2%) and New York (2.8%), did better in August than in July. Prices were strongest in the West and Southeast regions, and comparatively weak in the Midwest and Northeast.”

The link above goes to a page that contains a link at the bottom to download the full report.

Here are the top 10ish metros from the report (info was released Oct 27th 2020):

Phoenix - 9.9%
Seattle - 8.5%
San Diego - 7.6%
Tampa - 6.9%
Cleveland - 6.9%
Los Angeles - 6.8%
Charlotte - 6.7%
Portland - 6.2%
Minneapolis - 5.8%
Washington - 5.7% - National Avg
Boston - 5.7% - National Avg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 09:21 AM

955 posts, read 613,227 times
Very cool, thank you for sharing.

Interesting that Detroit is likely last, and Chicago is second to last, but fellow Rust Belt city, Cleveland, has the fifth largest growth. Cleveland also has seen some of the top increases in rent over the past year I've seen. I wonder what's behind that?

Old 10-28-2020, 09:36 AM

12,850 posts, read 9,583,014 times
As someone who may retire in Chicago one day this makes me happy

Old 10-28-2020, 10:08 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,178,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimumingyu View Post
Very cool, thank you for sharing.

Interesting that Detroit is likely last, and Chicago is second to last, but fellow Rust Belt city, Cleveland, has the fifth largest growth. Cleveland also has seen some of the top increases in rent over the past year I've seen. I wonder what's behind that?
The answer may be in the longer term trends. If prices were significantly depressed and devalued, then growth might have been inevitable. It's just a guess on my part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.