Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 02:10 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times

Advertisements

I’d go with the biggest Texas metros (Houston and DFW). Lots of amenities for what you’re looking for. Atlanta has a sizeable community as well. Just depends on your preference.

Old 10-18-2020, 02:11 PM

472 posts, read 347,355 times
Wow, a lot of fun stuff in this thread... the south is fine for Muslims, Arabs, or people who look MENA- visit first and see what you think.
The US isn't a Christian nation; I'd venture to postulate that it is harder to live here (the south) being an atheist compared to a Muslim. Certainly, the country's founders had Judeo-Christian values of some sort in mind when founding the country; but many of our nation's founders were deists and clearly demarked a separation of church and state.
Lastly, please don't push conspiracy theories here about Israeli intervention. I'm sure they attached lasers to sharks so that they might destroy Iran and Britain and enslave all Italians!
If you wish to discuss the Christian nationality of the US, there's a religious forum section. Likewise, I'm sure there's a section for Israel in the politics section.
Best of luck, Computerrdeveloper

Old 10-18-2020, 02:16 PM

1,228 posts, read 797,653 times
The Triangle Metro in North Carolina could be a good option as well. It is well educated and reasonably open minded and welcoming. There are active Islamic Associations in Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville, and Apex (and others), the area is teeming with software engineering opportunities, and the weather is definitely what you’d be looking for. Plenty of Halal markets. Lots of New York transplants as well.

Old 10-18-2020, 02:38 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,086,917 times
It's not like people are recommending some small town in Mississippi or Alabama. They are saying that big cities down South like Atlanta, Houston, Dallas and others are the best destination based on what the OP is looking for.

I've also heard that these cities are very good for Muslims. These broad, sweeping generalizations about places in the South are very passe.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:17 PM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times
I'm not Muslim but,

Charlotte deserves a mention as does Raleigh/Durham. I'm sure both of these metropolitan areas would love to have you and your future family! One thing I see a lack of in NC are mosques... But they'll be coming soon I think. A big one just started conx in Durham. One thing I see more ein the Muslim community in NC is there are more African Muslims over MENA Muslim Americans. Just to add that note there.

The South has been fine for Muslims from my experiences. Just advise with caution in very rural southern areas.

Old 10-18-2020, 07:58 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I'm not Muslim but,

Charlotte deserves a mention as does Raleigh/Durham. I'm sure both of these metropolitan areas would love to have you and your future family! One thing I see a lack of in NC are mosques... But they'll be coming soon I think. A big one just started conx in Durham. One thing I see more ein the Muslim community in NC is there are more African Muslims over MENA Muslim Americans. Just to add that note there.

The South has been fine for Muslims from my experiences. Just advise with caution in very rural southern areas.
yes. The cities are fine, but once you're out of the city be careful.

Old 10-18-2020, 10:17 PM

2,657 posts, read 2,101,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity76 View Post
It's not like people are recommending some small town in Mississippi or Alabama. They are saying that big cities down South like Atlanta, Houston, Dallas and others are the best destination based on what the OP is looking for.

I've also heard that these cities are very good for Muslims. These broad, sweeping generalizations about places in the South are very passe.

There's MENA communities in most of the Sipp's towns. Tupelo have an Islamic center on the northwest side. The career path the OP is looking for would place him in large southern cities in general. There are probably some small southern towns that have availabilities in his career.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:08 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,086,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post

There's MENA communities in most of the Sipp's towns. Tupelo have an Islamic center on the northwest side. The career path the OP is looking for would place him in large southern cities in general. There are probably some small southern towns that have availabilities in his career.
Having availabilities and what he's looking for are two entirely different things. Also I would not consider Tupelo as some small town in Sipp.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:40 AM

2,657 posts, read 2,101,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity76 View Post
Having availabilities and what he's looking for are two entirely different things. Also I would not consider Tupelo as some small town in Sipp.
There the exact same thing and what do you consider a small town?

Old 10-19-2020, 06:33 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
OP, I would suggest the DC metro area which gets very little snow and is by far the most accommodating/comfortable than any of the other options presented for Muslim residents. The cost of living is higher than others mentioned, but then again so are salaries which offset the difference. Specifically the Dulles Corridor cities of Sterling, Leesburg, Reston and Herndon in Northern Virginia which is in right in the middle of the few major job centers in the area or Prince William County which is more of a commuter suburb in Northern Virginia in towns like Woodbridge or Lake Ridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.