Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 05:37 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icor1031 View Post
Chicago has just about the strictest anti-gun laws in the nation, as far as I'm aware.
They just ask that people who are going to concealed carry know what they're doing, imagine that..

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...006-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 07:07 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,701,240 times
This is an interesting thread to me.

I would have thought male strippers was one of those occupations that could do well in any city of decent size, regardless of weather.

People in Detroit desire "entertainment" just like people in Seattle just like people in Miami just like people in Los Angeles.

Old 10-31-2020, 07:14 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Nashville has/had? a reputation as a popular place for brides-to-be to party. Don't know how covid might have affected that, but it seems like it might be worth a visit to the Nashville forum for opinions.

Old 10-31-2020, 07:34 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icor1031 View Post
My heat intolerance is due to a condition, so I can't just deal with it. But it may be an option to leave Florida during summers.

What's the relevance to concealed carry and stripping and Florida? All pants-on clubs?
Be a snowbird. Spend Winters in Florida (Nov-Mar/Apr) and the rest of the year somewhere up north. However, I don't know if that would even work for your educational pursuits.

I'd also presume that different states and different communities will have rules as to how much skin you can legally show, etc. That's probably a factor to consider as well depending on what you are pursuing.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:41 PM

63 posts, read 44,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
This is an interesting thread to me.

I would have thought male strippers was one of those occupations that could do well in any city of decent size, regardless of weather.

People in Detroit desire "entertainment" just like people in Seattle just like people in Miami just like people in Los Angeles.
At the local club, there's a bartender whose husband was a stripper. Basically, I shouldn't expect any stage work, and I'd probably get only a few private parties per year.

My city's population is only about 75k.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Be a snowbird. Spend Winters in Florida (Nov-Mar/Apr) and the rest of the year somewhere up north. However, I don't know if that would even work for your educational pursuits.

I'd also presume that different states and different communities will have rules as to how much skin you can legally show, etc. That's probably a factor to consider as well depending on what you are pursuing.
Yeah, some areas allow two-way touch (hands) and some don't -- same with full vs. partial nude, and with whether you can even lap dance or can only table dance.

I'd probably do my school work online, like I'm doing my undergrads right now. Spending summers in the north might be my best option, unfortunately.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:02 AM

12,161 posts, read 7,997,139 times
Im interested in thi s male stripping idea. How do you get in? Is it actually traditional application like?

Old 11-01-2020, 12:11 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,870,959 times
I think the op was intending this as a joke but if I am wrong he can either come true or send us where he is working currently and/or past employers.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Im interested in thi s male stripping idea. How do you get in? Is it actually traditional application like?
At the local club when I asked about a future job, the owner said that she couldn't give me advice on preparing for the job; the girls (reference point; no males at this club) come to her already knowing what to do.

It's my understanding that they're contractors. She probably briefly interviews them to make sure they're not going to give her club a bad rep, but otherwise has low standards since they have to pay her regardless. I am making assumptions, but I think with good backing.

But for males, I think it's more common to travel with a troupe. For example, there's going to be a male show at the club I go to later today (the first male show in three years!). Apparently when there are male shows here, the club is packed. It's easy then to see why male troupes would travel; go to underserved areas and get a lot more clients in one night than they would otherwise. Note: I bought a ticket -- and not because I'm interested in men, but because I'm interested in the job; I want to see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I think the op was intending this as a joke but if I am wrong he can either come true or send us where he is working currently and/or past employers.
First, why would I care if you believe me? No one else has publicly stated that they thought this wasn't true or withheld information on that basis, so I'm getting assistance regardless of your impression. Not that I don't want info from you; you were just very rude.

Second, I am not working as a stripper; it is merely my intention to. I started going to the gym just two months ago specifically for this goal; it will take me probably a couple of years to get buff enough. And that's okay; I can't start working until I finish school (grants) and that will take 2-3 years or so.

Last edited by icor1031; 11-01-2020 at 01:23 AM..

Old 11-01-2020, 01:24 AM

854 posts, read 1,703,146 times
You mean women don't want to see flabby male strippers ? How rude !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.