Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 09:42 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,540,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
I recall traveling at BWI pre-COVID, and although there were fewer than a dozen people in line at other fast food counters, some with no waiting at all, the line at Chick-Fil-A wound all the way back past the seating area. In the future there may have to be a new chapter added to the book Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.
My only gripe with CFA is that it's constantly packed in metro ATL and FLA CFAs are just as crazy. I do Shake Shack's instead. There's a place called Hops Chicken at Ponce City Market that's good locally and PDQ in FLA is a nice alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 10:31 PM

21,428 posts, read 12,424,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
I see my New Hampshire friend said they don't have any fried chicken joints outside of KFC. I guess it's all about Rotisserie Chicken in New England. NYC is has its own style of chicken joints in the 5 boros (Kennedys, Crown and Palace).
New Hampshire is not representative of all of New England.

Boston has Crown Fried Chicken, New York Fried Chicken, Popeyes, and Kennedy Fried Chicken. Never mind local fried chicken joints like Boston Fried Chicken, Royal Fried Chicken etc etc. As do CT and RI.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:10 PM

350 posts, read 613,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji7 View Post
Every fast food place should have service as good as Chick Fil A I don’t know where they get these people.
Everybody talks about the great customer service at Chick-Fil-A but every time I go there seems to be an issue: wrong order, rude employees, dirty restroom etc, it's always something. On the flip side, I've been eating at Wendy's for over 30 years and have never had a problem (KFC is the absolute worse though) However, I don't think I've ever had an issue at a mall location, only the stand alone locations.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:12 PM

17,919 posts, read 24,188,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Jersey Mike's isnt even that good. The menu is limited and they don't toast sandwiches...
Toasting sandwiches is a clue that the bread is crap. People in New York/NJ/New England care about the quality of the bread.

Old 12-24-2020, 01:51 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,622,998 times
For a long time, Chic-Fil-A was very similar to Whataburger and In-N-Out in that the family who owns them had been very reluctant to do a nationwide expansion out of fear that the quality would suffer, and also the lack of brand recognition. So far, Chic-Fil-A has avoided this problem as it underwent a massive expansion over the past 20 years.

But that isn't an indictment on the products the aforementioned restaurants sell. People who have an opportunity to try them for the first time all immediatelly fall in love with them.

Last edited by citidata18; 12-24-2020 at 01:59 AM..

Old 12-24-2020, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_MVP View Post
Everybody talks about the great customer service at Chick-Fil-A but every time I go there seems to be an issue: wrong order, rude employees, dirty restroom etc, it's always something. On the flip side, I've been eating at Wendy's for over 30 years and have never had a problem (KFC is the absolute worse though) However, I don't think I've ever had an issue at a mall location, only the stand alone locations.
Your experience definitely seems to be the exception, IMO.

Old 12-24-2020, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Bojangles problem is the big difference in quality (and menu) between corporate-owned and franchise-owned stores (and also the best thing they have is a biscuit, which Hardee’s does better). Popeyes is fine, but it isn’t great. Zaxby’s is the only thing out there that can match Chick-fil-A’s chicken at its best, but it isn’t as consistently great day-to-day, store-to-store.

Chick-fil-A is a way of life down here in the South. The rumors of a Chick-fil-a opening in my extended family’s rural county have made it to my local news. I once texted my cousin congrats only to have her send a retraction the newspaper had run for getting everyone’s hopes up. As is, she drives the 25 miles one-way to the nearest Chick-fil-A every month and simply waits for a closer one to open. Where once Walmart was the hope of every small town, it’s now Chick-fil-A.
One chain that's massively underrated (but similar to Zaxby's) is Raising Cane's. I always get hot/fresh food from them, and the chicken strips are much bigger and *JUICY*. The Cane sauce is to die for too.

Zaxby's is ok, but the strips are small/hard and there's a lack of consistency in service between locations.

Old 12-24-2020, 03:18 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,490,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
One chain that's massively underrated (but similar to Zaxby's) is Raising Cane's. I always get hot/fresh food from them, and the chicken strips are much bigger and *JUICY*. The Cane sauce is to die for too.

Zaxby's is ok, but the strips are small/hard and there's a lack of consistency in service between locations.
In late 2019, Zaxby's closed in my town after 3 1/2 years as well as 4 other locations in Oklahoma. It included the one in Norman, so maybe Zaxby's didn't catch on well with college students.

Raising Cane's opened across the street from Chic-Fil-A. Cane's is still open.

Old 12-24-2020, 03:49 AM

4,134 posts, read 2,771,758 times
Apparently the first and only Raising Cane’s open in the state of NC is down in Greenville. But there also appear to be some in the Charleston area. Maybe when I go down to the beach next summer, I’ll try it out. Though my go-to chicken place there is Kickin’ Chicken (dreaming of their lemon pepper wings at the moment).

Old 12-24-2020, 03:55 AM

4,134 posts, read 2,771,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
My only gripe with CFA is that it's constantly packed in metro ATL and FLA CFAs are just as crazy. I do Shake Shack's instead. There's a place called Hops Chicken at Ponce City Market that's good locally and PDQ in FLA is a nice alternative.
Their app is amazing. I’ll order on my way there, and then have it at my car window about a minute after I arrive. In the COVID era though, I do avoid their drive thru though at certain times. Even with 4 lanes, the curbside is quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.