Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 01:17 PM

1,094 posts, read 807,204 times

Advertisements

I recently watched a top fast-food chains in every state video and New Jerseyans were mad that Jersey Mike was chosen instead of Chic-Fil-A which it doesn't surprised me that Jersey Mike would be hated by those living in NJ given that their name is commercialized into chain restaurant which is something many Northeasterners hate. Chic-Fil-A being the most popular in NJ is interesting considering how the Northeast is known for being picky about fast-food chains and that Chic-Fil-A is mostly beloved in the southeast. For people in NJ to adore Chic-Fil-A over Jersey Mike must be a testiment of how good Chic-fil-a is. For all you guys living in the Northeast is Chick-fil-A pretty popular?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 01:57 PM

2,272 posts, read 2,217,758 times
Yes it is very popular but not as abundant as it is in The South.

I remember when the first Chik fil a opened up in Manhattan a few years back — it was huge news and people were lining up down the block for weeks.

Since then, they’ve opened up a few more in Manhattan and one in Brooklyn and they’re always packed.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
Yes it is very popular but not as abundant as it is in The South.

I remember when the first Chik fil a opened up in Manhattan a few years back — it was huge news and people were lining up down the block for weeks.

Since then, they’ve opened up a few more in Manhattan and one in Brooklyn and they’re always packed.
I heard about one in Manhattan but not Brooklyn. I guess southern food is becoming hip. I talked to a friend from New Hampshire and she said how Grits is popular there among the hipsters. I know Chick-fli-a is popular in the Midwest and the West Coast but not the Northeast (outside of Western NY).

Old 12-23-2020, 02:09 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,401,952 times
I'd imagine NJ doesn't like Jersey Mike's the same way NYC doesn't like Pizza Hut. Because there are tons of great mom and pop/local sub shop/delis in NJ that make a far superior sandwich than a chain like JM's. NJ especially is known for having some of the best sandwich shops in the whole country.

Chick Fil A seems to be loved pretty much anywhere I've seen it, in my experience. The drive thru is always packed in the ones near me (Chicago area). The place has decent food and great service all the times I've been. It's a bit pricey but the service and food quality I'd say makes it worth the price.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:23 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Jersey Mike's isnt even that good. The menu is limited and they don't toast sandwiches... And there's like no topping options.

I don't even think Chick Fil A is that good. When you got Popeyes, Bojangles and Zaxby's .. are you really going to tell me your going to chick fil a. Nah man.

Also, in Massachusetts, fried chicken isn't as popular as in NJ or MD or VA. Chick Fil A is definitely not as talked about as it would be in the south or mid atlantic.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
I'd imagine NJ doesn't like Jersey Mike's the same way NYC doesn't like Pizza Hut. Because there are tons of great mom and pop/local sub shop/delis in NJ that make a far superior sandwich than a chain like JM's. NJ especially is known for having some of the best sandwich shops in the whole country.

Chick Fil A seems to be loved pretty much anywhere I've seen it, in my experience. The drive thru is always packed in the ones near me (Chicago area). The place has decent food and great service all the times I've been. It's a bit pricey but the service and food quality I'd say makes it worth the price.
I agree, one of the things that I missed about Chick-fil-a (pre-covid) was being able to go inside of one. The only one I can go to indoors in Jacksonville is at a mall which is about a 17 miles from my house but boy is it worth it.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:31 PM

1,675 posts, read 1,080,928 times
Chick-Fil-A was a big deal when they started opening up stores in NJ. There was only one in North Jersey forever but it wasn't a store, it was inside a mall food court (Paramus Park) so not very convenient.

In the last several years they've opened up a good number of locations. I went to one recently and there was employees directing traffic through the parking lot and this was the drive-thru. It's very popular.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:32 PM

93,181 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:

I couldn't rep you, but this really explains it. Same with the second portion, as the one in the Syracuse area has a drive thru that stays packed.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:36 PM

1,675 posts, read 1,080,928 times
Quote:

Correct. Pretty much every town/city in NJ has at least one old school, good deli. Some towns much more than others. So obviously Jersey Mike's is like a mickey mouse sandwich shop in NJ but I've eaten there a few times and I will say it was decent.

Old 12-23-2020, 02:36 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
The Chic-Fil-A in my town here in Connecticut is insanely popular. The lines at the drive thru are out in the street and people seem to come from all over for it. Jay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.