U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 10:51 PM

1,415 posts, read 737,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Thin Crust Pepperoni Pizza (Quality ingredients, full of flavor)
Fried Zucchini (Crispy, perfectly fried on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside)
Limoncello Marscapone Cake (Perfect, perfect dessert. Light, lemony, not too sweet, just cooling and refreshing.)

Ricci's Italian Restaurant
Bellflower, CA

(Very friendly and personal service. They really chat with you. I belieeeve it's still family-owned, but not sure.
(They've moved from their other cute and quaint, old-school style location, and their new one is more modern and more elegant, I would say, but still very casual (and relaxed, very welcoming. They also have a nicely-sized patio area, which happens to be next to a small fountain. It's very pleasant and relaxing.)
My grandma lives in Bellflower and we visit her every year and we've never eaten here. I added it to my must try list. It sounds amazing!

My suggestion if you're in the Salt Lake City area is Moochies Meatballs and more for the best meatball sandwich I think I've ever eaten. Or if you're up for Ethiopian food then get yourself over to Mahinder's and get yourself some doro wat, siga tibs, and lots and lots of injera bread.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 12:59 AM

16,100 posts, read 12,240,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
My grandma lives in Bellflower and we visit her every year and we've never eaten here. I added it to my must try list. It sounds amazing!

My suggestion if you're in the Salt Lake City area is Moochies Meatballs and more for the best meatball sandwich I think I've ever eaten. Or if you're up for Ethiopian food then get yourself over to Mahinder's and get yourself some doro wat, siga tibs, and lots and lots of injera bread.
Lol, no one knows Bellflower!

And I don't think I've ever had anything even remotely Ethiopian, but I would try all of those things in a heartbeat.

Old 03-29-2021, 02:53 PM

16,100 posts, read 12,240,326 times
I was hoping more people would post in this thread. I'm very interested in the responses myself.

Old 03-29-2021, 03:15 PM

4,878 posts, read 3,253,406 times
Miami:

Cuban sandwich at Sanguich de Miami or Enriqueta’s
Key Lime Pie at Fireman Derek’s
Fried alligator bites at Kush
Lomo Soltado at La Mar by Gaston Acurio (Peruvian)
Mojito at Old’s Havana Cuban Bar & Cocina
Chicken and Waffles at Yardbird
Pizza at Lucali (of Brooklyn fame)
Omakase sushi at NAOE
Cafe con leche ice cream at Azucar
Vietnamese-Cajun at Phuc Yea
Korean BBQ at KYU
Bread from Zak the Baker or NYC’s Sullivan Street Bakery

Ashame you cannot eat shellfish as the most iconic dish is Stone Crab Claws from Joe’s.

Last edited by elchevere; 03-29-2021 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-29-2021, 03:35 PM

5,803 posts, read 2,136,319 times
Favorite Foods?

Pizza.
Best Restaurant That Serves It.
1. The Lynwood Cafe, Randolph, MA
2. Santarpios Pizza, Eastie, MA
3. Sticks n Stones, Greensboro, NC
4. Some place that has dollar slices, Manhattan, NY .. they al taste the same and are realllly good.
5. Apizza, New Haven, CT

Burgers
1. Boston Burger Company, Boston, MA
2. Hops Burger Bar, Greensboro, NC
3. Tasty Burger, Boston, MA (For a fast food chain)

Special Shoutout to Gboro NC, they have a lot of great food... especially Greek and American ... for such a small, not so transient place.

Old 03-29-2021, 03:44 PM

67,131 posts, read 93,304,848 times
Syracuse NY area

Double Snappies from Heid's of Liverpool

Pastrami Sandwich from Taste of Broadway Deli East Syracuse

Potato Pierogis from Eva's European Sweets in Solvay

Oxtails from Jamaica Lick Finger in Nedrow(definite hole in the wall spot and call before you go, suggest going on a Saturday)

Empadillas from Don Juan Cafe on the city's West Side

Bread from Columbus Bakery(North Side) or Pasta's Daily Bread(Downtown)

BBQ Chicken from Dinosaur BBQ (Downtown)

Lasagna from Angotti's (North Side)

Ice cream(made from scratch) from Gannon's (city's Valley neighborhood)

Sesame Chicken from Panda West on Marshall Street just north of Syracuse University

The Tribeca sandwich from A La Mode Cafe

Power Play Burger from Ale N Angus Pub (Downtown)

Chicken Spiedie Sub from Uncle Chubby's on the North Side

There are other places, with some that have actually gotten some love on national food shows, including a few mentioned on this list.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-29-2021 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-29-2021, 04:39 PM

8,566 posts, read 4,953,413 times
In MN The Hubbell House in Mantorville, close to Rochester. It served as stagecoach room and boarding since before MN was a state. The guest book is rich in history. Old time classical supper club food with impeccable service and not a dud on the menu.

In Jordan, Suzette, unique French restaurant owned by a Cambodian refugee trained in Switzerland.

Amboy has the little Cottage Cafe, a repurposed vintage filling station, run by a German baker. Everything is locally sourced and tastes like it came from the world's best Grandma's kitchen. My favorite is her fresh raspberry bread pudding floating in clouds of whipped cream.

Little town of Rapidan by the dam where Laura's Paw hauled the grain to be ground in "Little House on the Prairie" you'll find the Dam Store -"Best food by a dam site." Not much choice there. Good, old-fashioned burgers, potato salad, enormous shakes and malts and an assortment of homemade pies so good that a congressman served them for his installation ceremony. Looks the same as it did in the '30s. Now on its third generation of miracle women who arise in the middle of the night to bake a semi-load of pies six days a week. You service will range from indifferent to surly. Part of the ambiance.

When you're good and you know it you don't have to smile. LOL

Old 03-30-2021, 03:36 AM

1,012 posts, read 374,265 times
You'll have to eat somewhere betweeh Mpls and Seattle, so try La Minestra, in Pierre, South Dakota. A true Italian dining, not just a pretentious spaghetti house.

If on a more southerly route, there is the Livestock Auction Barn in Ericson, Nebraska (pop. 92). Except when an auction is in progress, it's only open for Sunday brunch, when families from surrounding counties congregate for hungry-farmer cuisine.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:31 AM

2,640 posts, read 1,948,505 times
Neapolitan Pizza:
Punch Pizza, Twin Cities, MN

Wild Rice Soup:
Firelake, Minneapolis MN

Fresh Blueberry Pie:
Das Dutchman Essenhaus, Middlebury, IN

Old 03-30-2021, 03:37 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

283 posts, read 453,410 times
Thank you Everyone who answered so far!

For the people who are NOT naming a specific food for me to taste, because you are saying everything at a particular restaurant is good, would you mind naming something specific for me to try? I would hate to travel hundreds of miles to a different State to try a restaurant, but because I wasn't given a specific item to try I end up missing out on that establishment's BEST tasting dish!

Again thank you everyone for your recommendations and places keep them coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.