U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 11:36 AM
qwy qwy started this thread

283 posts, read 453,410 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I am currently planning on doing a food tour around the US this summer. I am hoping that many of you can recommend some of your favorite foods and the restaurants that serve them in your city.

You can list any and every food type and even drinks as long as it something that you considered among the best tasting. Well any food except for shellfish since I am allergic to it, but outside of shellfish I do enjoy seafood.

All I ask is that you try to list restaurants that are not food chains. It defeats the purpose of traveling around the country to experience local cuisine’s when someone recommends a place like Applebee’s or 5 guys burgers because I can find those restaurants and the dishes they serve in every city; so why travel to taste them.

Outside of those two stipulations I hope that you were recommend anything that you consider the best tasting that you’ve had, it can be from some cheap hole in the wall place to a five-star restaurant that cost an arm and a leg; I care more about experiencing the quality of the food then I care about the price.

Anyway I am hoping that people all over the country will see this and list:

Your favorite food

The name of the restaurant that serves it

The city & state it’s in
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 11:56 AM

41,874 posts, read 51,974,378 times
Pizza and beer at Huc a Poos, Tybee Island, GA
The Conquistador sandwich at Zunzi’s, Savannah, GA

Old 03-28-2021, 12:44 PM

17,150 posts, read 22,473,597 times
Chicago Beef Sandwich at Portello's. DH wants his with sausage, please. Multiple locations in Chicago and at least three in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ (LOTS of Chicago transplants in Phoenix).

Hot pastrami at Katz's in Manhattan. The real deal.

Old 03-28-2021, 02:27 PM

1,242 posts, read 330,105 times
Southeast Florida

Sicilian Oven wood fired pizza, they are a small local chain of 6 restaurants. We go to the 1 in Coral Springs, Florida. Their pizzas are great.

Anthony's coal fired pizza and wings. Again, a relatively small chain, but ONLY in some of the East Coast states. Their wings are great. We got a copycat recipe and sometimes make at home, but they aren't quite as good. We go to either the 1 in Weston or the 1 in Coral Springs.

Carmine's pizza kitchen in Jupiter, Florida. You'll think you are in a great pizzeria in Italy, it's that good. We'd eat there all the time if they weren't over an hour away. They also have a more formal restaurant that I've heard is great, and a gourmet market that sells food to go besides groceries a little further south in Palm Beach Gardens. The market is a great place to go and find treasures.

Casa Maya Grill in Deerfield Beach. Mexican obviously. We haven't had anything there we didn't like. Not sure if they still do since COVID, but they used to make guacamole tableside in the weekends and let you pick what you wanted to go in it.

Pasta And... in Margate. You have to make reservations well in advance, trust me. It's a tiny joint in a strip mall, but don't let that put you off. It's a high end Italian place in service, food and price.

The Cellar in Daytona Beach, Florida. Again, high end Italian in service, food and price. Never had anything there we didn't like either. The downstairs room has great atmosphere.

Last edited by Medtran49; 03-28-2021 at 02:36 PM..

Old 03-28-2021, 05:19 PM

16,100 posts, read 12,240,326 times
Curry Puffs
"Yellow" and/or "Massaman" Curry
Spicy Thai Basil
Green Tea Ice Cream, Coconut Ice Cream

(Everything is very fresh here and priced very reasonably for the quality.)

Naree Thai
Long Beach, CA

(Parking might be a challenge, depending on when you go. We try to go between the lunch and dinner hours.)
(Love this thread!)

Old 03-28-2021, 05:42 PM

(Okay, you said you were up for "cheap hole in the wall" places, so how is this for one of those, this stand is at the corner of a gas station. )

Burgers

Dave's Burgers
Long Beach, CA

(They used to only have burgers, bags of chips, and cans of soda. Apparently, they've since added fries to their menu.
(Also, I just read that they have a Cubby Burger, which is a burger with hot dog in it.
(Last that I know, they just have a couple of outside benches to eat at. You can't really take it to go because the burgers are so juicy they'll fall apart by then.)

Old 03-28-2021, 06:23 PM

1,242 posts, read 330,105 times
Oh, I forgot about The Pickle Barrel in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Corned beef and pastrami sammies are great. Lunch only or a really early dinner.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:30 PM

3,454 posts, read 8,015,184 times
Slow Groovin' BBQ, Marble, CO

Ultra House, Langley, WA

El Molino Central, Boyes Hot Springs, CA

Bin22, Jackson Hole, WY

Old 03-28-2021, 09:26 PM

Thin Crust Pepperoni Pizza (Quality ingredients, full of flavor)
Fried Zucchini (Crispy, perfectly fried on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside)
Limoncello Marscapone Cake (Perfect, perfect dessert. Light, lemony, not too sweet, just cooling and refreshing.)

Ricci's Italian Restaurant
Bellflower, CA

(Very friendly and personal service. They really chat with you. I belieeeve it's still family-owned, but not sure.
(They've moved from their other cute and quaint, old-school style location, and their new one is more modern and more elegant, I would say, but still very casual (and relaxed, very welcoming. They also have a nicely-sized patio area, which happens to be next to a small fountain. It's very pleasant and relaxing.)

Old 03-28-2021, 10:16 PM

Ribeye Steak
Mashed Potatoes
Wilted Salad

Emeril's New Orleans Fish House
Las Vegas, NV (inside the MGM Grand)

(This is the place where I had the best entire meal of my entire life. Even the salad was extraordinary!
(This was years ago, so I'm not familiar with the current menu. But, man...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.