Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 12:12 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,087,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
What about Hunterdon County NJ?
Very similar to Warren and Somerset counties which I mentioned on page 1. I think it belongs as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 12:14 PM

21,634 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity76 View Post
Very similar to Warren and Somerset counties which I mentioned on page 1. I think it belongs as well.
Isn't it even more remote and less tied to any metro area/NYC?

Old 04-14-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Isn't it even more remote and less tied to any metro area/NYC?
No moreso than Warren right above it as they both border PA. Both have several communities that would qualify for this.

Old 04-14-2021, 12:36 PM

12,168 posts, read 8,014,676 times
Quote:
Somerset is very suburban, I live there.. Hunderton is good.

Isnt Warren hicky?

Old 04-14-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Somerset is very suburban, I live there.. Hunderton is good.

Isnt Warren hicky?
Yup, similar to Hunterdon, slightly more.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yup, similar to Hunterdon, slightly more.
Then im not sure it wqould really fit the VT MA CT vibe. Maybe more NH

Old 04-14-2021, 01:48 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,361,633 times
You can add Western Michigan harbor towns and Door County Wisconsin to the same look and feel as New England upscale.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:29 AM

34 posts, read 38,993 times
The idea of the entirety of Somerset being very suburban is laughable. Maybe parts fit that bill, but the Somerset Hills and many other parts of the county are the definition of upscale countryside. I guess all the multi-million dollar 400 acre horse estates in Bernardsville, Bedminster, and Far Hills are pretty suburban because people have access to a train station which goes into NY. Maybe Duke Farms and Natirar are too close for comfort to the role of Central Park?

In all seriousness, there's an ill-defined area which starts in Harding Township and continues southward to about Lawrenceville (home of the Lawrenceville School) which can be considered upscale countryside. It continues into Northern Bucks County. The only similar area of the country in my mind is around Leesburg, VA, and potentially some parts of CT and MA.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillandz View Post
The idea of the entirety of Somerset being very suburban is laughable. Maybe parts fit that bill, but the Somerset Hills and many other parts of the county are the definition of upscale countryside. I guess all the multi-million dollar 400 acre horse estates in Bernardsville, Bedminster, and Far Hills are pretty suburban because people have access to a train station which goes into NY. Maybe Duke Farms and Natirar are too close for comfort to the role of Central Park?

In all seriousness, there's an ill-defined area which starts in Harding Township and continues southward to about Lawrenceville (home of the Lawrenceville School) which can be considered upscale countryside. It continues into Northern Bucks County. The only similar area of the country in my mind is around Leesburg, VA, and potentially some parts of CT and MA.
Agree. That's why I mentioned Somerset. This part of NJ (Central to West Central into Bucks) and the Middleburg area of Virginia are the two main horse countries I'm familiar with.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Agree. That's why I mentioned Somerset. This part of NJ (Central to West Central into Bucks) and the Middleburg area of Virginia are the two main horse countries I'm familiar with.
But the thing is, Somerset County is like a Norfolk County MA.

Hunterdon County NJ fits better. Somerset is a little bit more suburban in line with a Boston suburban county. Im not sure if you are aware who spread out Boston suburbs are, but thats the vibe I got from Somerset.

Another one.. Sussex County NJ feels like Franklin County MA (Albeit, less hippies, but similar in feel)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.