Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 10:05 PM

200 posts, read 325,862 times

Advertisements

Hi! 1st I Want to Thank All the people who responded to my post regarding my research on finding what States/Cities that I could find Church Praise/Bands. I FINALLY Found a State & City that seems to Really Has All My Values. I know those people who had suggested States like: Kentucky, Atlanta, Georgia, Mississippi, New Orleans Louisiana, Nashville, TN, Carbondale (I think IL), Cincinnati, Ohio, Dayton, Ohio, etc. (Can't Remember the rest if any.)

ANYWAY, I've done some research & found Cleveland sounds better compared Cincinnati, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, Georgia, Mississippi, Kentucky, etc.

What I like about Cleveland compared to Nashville (where I used to live) that Cleveland seems to have a VARIETY of diff. Religions. For e.g. when I was living in Nash, TN I b/c I'm Catholic I felt like a minor. I didn't see much of a VARIETY of Churches. I know Nash, Kentucky & some of the other States are Bible Belt so I don't mean to offend anyone, but it just felt like some Denominations AND NON dominated over others.

Looking Back @ the time I was living there (I ran out of Funds & again had to Move Back n w/ the parents) I thought it was me that I didn't give Nash enough chance to Find More Catholic Churches. But doing this research NOW I just Found Out that Nash Only has "16" Catholic Churches IN the GREATER NASH Area. Yes there Are Other Churches, but they're on the Outer Part of Town like Antioch (Oh, I Did go to that Church), Madison, Joelton that are mentioned Online when the link Says "30 Catholic Churches".

Whereas in Cleveland has "75" Catholic Churches (I wrote ALL of them down & Yes they're ALL in GREATER Cleveland Area - NOT in the Outer Parts of Town). AND there are A LOT Of Lutheran Churches MORE than 30 in Cleveland.

So, I Think instead of Moving Back to Nash CLEVELAND OH Has My 3 Values (However, there was 1 person who broke down Specific Areas - Cities like Carbondale, Dayton, & a few others. I forgot, but I researched those too. & when I researched them they didn't seem too Attractive, but like I said when he/she mentioned Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio I ACCIDENTALLY thought he/she said Cleveland as well.).

Now, the reason why I'm Posting about Cleveland HERE in "General US" Instead of the Cleveland/OH Post is that I REALLY Don't want to Upset Anyone about Their Location (Including where I Live HERE/NYC & NJ).
I'm Interested in Moving to Cleveland b/c

1) Seems like it has a WIDE VARIETY of Diff (Denominations & NON) Churches that I can Find a Church Praise Band to JOIN.

2) I Found that it has "The Arts"?! I'm Not Only a Musician (Piano's my Main, but I started Guitar yrs. ago & I Play Middle Eastern Drum), but I LOVE "The Arts".

(3) Going To a (Park) Lake (NATURE).

But May Have a Problem. Now I know A LOT of People Ques./Comment about the Weather.

In Nash. I ALWAYS Went to "The Lake" (I Claimed it like my own) "Percy Priest Lake". It's a Park (Not those WaterFront Properties where you Can't Sit Down & Enjoy), The Water is Blue, "It's So BIG (Goes thru 3 Towns)", It's So Sunny, They're Islands Scattered, etc.

Now I Know OHIO like any other State (Like Nash) Must have (Park) Lakes TOO, but I've Heard people say That Ohio's ALWAYS CLOUDY. That it Rains A LOT. 1 Guy on YouTube actually showed what a Typical Day is. He showed what he was wearing (I Think a T-Shirt & Shorts) when it was Sunny in 1 Hr. & then he shows you what he put on when it was Raining in the Next Hr. (It was a Light Jacket). He explained that if you live there you have to Always Dress in Layers b/c of this.

I know when I was Living on my Own in Middle New Jersey there would be SUN SHOWERS Some or Most of the Time (Reason I Had to Move out @ that time was only b/c my Landlord Sold the House & I wasn't Financially Set so I had to Move BACK in w/ my parents in NYC). So,

I'm Really Like the Fact that Cleveland DOES FulFill my 2 Values Above. I REALLY DO Like NATURE - Meaning Sitting @ a Lake, But

Is it True that Cleveland is CLOUDY ALL THE TIME?

Does it RAIN ALL THE TIME?

Oh, Gosh, I REALLY Hope NOT (I was SO HAPPY To See that Cleveland has a WIDE VARIETY of Diff. Churches I REALLY FEEL Like I'll Feel @ Home There. I Won't have to Feel the Pressure of 1 or 2 etc. Denominations or NON Dominating Over Another.). So,

If someone could let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 10:51 PM

Ok, let's say for "argument sake" Cleveland, Ohio is Not for me ONLY b/c of the "Weather" (Only referring to that It's Always CLOUDY). Like that guy on YouTube showing Bright & SUNNY 1 HR. & RAINY the NEXT Hr.
I'm Just "CURIOUS":

What ("Other") State/City Would Have my 3 VALUES?

1) DIVERSITY Of Religions/Churches (So, I Can Find a Lot of Church Praise Bands to Join) - Like a VARIETY of Large Amount of Catholic Churches, Large Amount of Lutheran Churches, Large Amount of Episcopalian, Baptist, etc. And Large Amount of NON Denominational where 1 Denomination/NON DOMINATES Over Another like in Nashville, TN?

2) Have Jobs in "The Arts"

3) NATURE - Park Lakes (NO Waterfront Properties) where I can find a quiet spot & sit in, BUT @ Same Time NOT Having to Worry "each moment"

How much time do I have b/f It "Rains"?!

I went to "Percy Priest Lake" in Nashville A Lot of times, but I NEVER Had to worry about "constant concern" of getting "Rained Out".
(Tho I Did Some Research & I Did See other Lakes that Cleveland has BESIDES The Eerie which looks like a beautiful beach & those other lakes look good too. Just don't to worry all the time of getting rained out). So,

I was just Curious to see if there was any (State/City) other options just in case it doesn't work out. I hope I'm Not Offending anyone. But Please let me know. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:54 PM

12,241 posts, read 8,163,928 times
Raleigh/Durham
Asheville NC
Kansas City

Old 08-17-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Raleigh/Durham
Asheville NC
Kansas City
Thanks masssachoicetts. Cool! Ok, but are some of these limited? I'm just curious.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:35 PM

This is why I'm researching things HERE on City Data instead of Physically "Jumping" from one state to another b/c I'm Starting to have "2nd Thoughts". So, basically, my question is:

What City/State (BESIDES Cleveland, Ohio) have an EVEN LARGE AMOUNT of Each Denomination & NON Denominations?

E.g. yes, when you look under:
Catholic Churches in Cleveland, Ohio it says (you get) 30
Lutheran Churches in Cleveland, Ohio it says (you also get) 30
Baptist Churches in Cleveland, Ohio it says (you also get) 30
See?

There's like an EVEN LARGE Amount where I can go around to pick & choose (to find Praise Bands). It's just the MORE I think about the WEATHER I don't think I could "Adapt" To It. Meaning -*

I AM NOT Talking About the WINTER.
I'm Basically, Referring to the SPRING, SUMMER & FALL. I Don't Care About the Winters b/c it's the Same (or Worse) than NYC so it REALLY*Doesn't Matter to me (Obviously NY & NYC Gets LARGE AMOUNTS Of SNOW Too So I Don't Care About that I'm Accustomed.). All I'm saying is if There Are Other States that Have LARGE AMOUNT of Each Diff. Denomination & NON "LIKE" Cleveland, OH, BUT DOESN'T HAVE The CONSTANT RAIN, CLOUDY, etc. ISSUE that Cleveland, OH has.

Does "Asheville NC" have let's say:
30 Catholic Churches
30 Lutheran Churches
30 Baptist Churches

(Btw. when I say 30 this, 30 that, I don't mean this to be literal even tho' it says online. Meaning, I don't care if let's says in 1 City/State there are 30 Catholic Churches & 40 Lutheran Churches & 60 Baptist Churches. Just as long as there are Large Amounts) Like:

I KNOW NASHVILLE, TN DOESN'T "Fit the Bill" b/c Not Only from living there only for 4 Months*it didn't take that long for me to see that Nashville Didn't Have an "EVEN LARGE*AMOUNT" of each:
I think I saw (Online Matched what I saw down there) they Only had like:*
10 Catholic Churches*
10 Lutheran Churches

(And)
30 Baptist Churches

So,*

Can someone tell me if there are Other Cities/States that have A LOT/LARGE of EVEN AMOUNT of Each Denomination & NON Like Cleveland, OH?

(If Nashville, TN had an EVEN LARGE AMOUNT Of EACH Denomin. & NON then I Would DEFINITELY MOVE BACK.)

Anyway, please let me know (& Again, I'm NOT Talking About the Weather in the Winter in Cleveland, OH). I'm Open to any suggestions.

Old 08-18-2021, 05:28 PM

Question I've ATTACHED SOME FILES - SEE IF U CAN CLICK ON THEM

Yeah, so like I said, now I'm starting to have 2nd Thoughts b/c of the SPRING, SUMMER & FALL Weather.

I'm NOT Talking About the WINTER.

I'm Basically, Referring to the SPRING, SUMMER & FALL. I Don't Care About the Winters b/c it's the Same (or Worse) than NYC so it REALLY Doesn't Matter to me (Obviously NY & NYC Gets LARGE AMOUNTS Of SNOW Too So I Don't Care About that I'm Accustomed.). I LOVE The Spring, Summer & Fall. I like the "Hotness" & as crazy as it sounds I like Summers ESPECIALLY. *I DON'T MEAN like Other Places (that I've been to) like ARIZONA. THAT'S TOO HOT for me (I was thinking longtime ago of moving there.)! But even tho' I was NEVER in Nashville during the Summer Only been there in the Fall I would imagine that it would be similar to other states like NY(C).*
Yes, I HATE The COLD whether it's NYC/NY or Cleveland, Ohio or Ohio in General or Chicago, IL, or Wherever, but

I Do like the Hot or Cool Months.

So, what I mean about the "Nature" part Here are a Few pics I took when I was VISITING &/Or LIVING in Nashville Sitting @ "Percy Priest Lake".

1 is one of what I Call my "HIDING SPOT" b/c I have more PRIVACY from the public (The Lake is EXTREMELY BIG so there are A LOT of diff. sections where the public can go to). This SMALL in which is just a small parking lot w/ a Boat Ramp that fisherman just take their boats out to fish so I'm sitting on the side of the ramp. However, it covers over 3 Towns w/ Islands scattered in the middle.).

SO, In This "HIDING SPOT" you see 1 of the "Islands" which is just a Row of Trees straight across from you.

On the Other Side of me (in this "Hiding Spot") reminds me of 1 of the scenes from the movie "The Blue Lagoon" w/ the Water, Rocks, & Bushes/Trees. The Bushes/Trees just curve around towards me as I'm Sitting on the Rocks.

Lastly, or the Last one I'm Standing on the shore where the Lake where you see 1 of the "fingers" of the Lake where the trees just curves around (you see the Land you're on & 1 of the Islands w/ the row of trees in front of you.

But you see how the Sky Is Blue & so is the Water?

It's NOT CLOUDY (I'm NOT Saying that It NEVER RAINS in Nashville. I'm just showing what the Lake looks like in the Fall on a typical day. I Have Sat There for HRS. w/out any concern if it was gonna rain anytime soon.) So, this is what I mean about My 3rd "VALUE". Again, ONLY Reason why I Had to Leave Nashville was b/c of my Lack of Funds back then, but NOW b/c of the LACK Of DIVERSITY in RELIGION (Denominations & NON vs. each other) I DEFINITELY CHANGED My Mind. I'd Rather Move to a City/State that DOES have a WIDE VARIETY of Churches-DENOMINATIONS & NON.

Anyway, here are those Pics ("The Bushes" & "Hiding Spot" was During the Spring. I Forgot when the other was taken.) So,

Would there be another City/State where I Don't have to Worry about "Spring, Summer, & Fall" Weather (Rainy, Cloudy, etc.) Issues that Cleveland, OH has that I can get that I got from Nashville, BUT

Have the WIDE VARIETY &/Or DIVERSITY of Denominations & NON that Cleveland, OH has?

Please let me know I'm open to any suggestions.

Last edited by certaincircles; 08-21-2021 at 07:07 PM..

Old 08-18-2021, 11:57 PM

7,078 posts, read 16,802,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certaincircles View Post
Hi! 1st I Want to Thank All the people who responded to my post regarding my research on finding what States/Cities that I could find Church Praise/Bands. I FINALLY Found a State & City that seems to Really Has All My Values. I know those people who had suggested States like: Kentucky, Atlanta, Georgia, Mississippi, New Orleans Louisiana, Nashville, TN, Carbondale (I think IL), Cincinnati, Ohio, Dayton, Ohio, etc. (Can't Remember the rest if any.)

ANYWAY, I've done some research & found Cleveland sounds better compared Cincinnati, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, Georgia, Mississippi, Kentucky, etc.

What I like about Cleveland compared to Nashville (where I used to live) that Cleveland seems to have a VARIETY of diff. Religions. For e.g. when I was living in Nash, TN I b/c I'm Catholic I felt like a minor. I didn't see much of a VARIETY of Churches. I know Nash, Kentucky & some of the other States are Bible Belt so I don't mean to offend anyone, but it just felt like some Denominations AND NON dominated over others.

Looking Back @ the time I was living there (I ran out of Funds & again had to Move Back n w/ the parents) I thought it was me that I didn't give Nash enough chance to Find More Catholic Churches. But doing this research NOW I just Found Out that Nash Only has "16" Catholic Churches IN the GREATER NASH Area. Yes there Are Other Churches, but they're on the Outer Part of Town like Antioch (Oh, I Did go to that Church), Madison, Joelton that are mentioned Online when the link Says "30 Catholic Churches".

Whereas in Cleveland has "75" Catholic Churches (I wrote ALL of them down & Yes they're ALL in GREATER Cleveland Area - NOT in the Outer Parts of Town). AND there are A LOT Of Lutheran Churches MORE than 30 in Cleveland.

So, I Think instead of Moving Back to Nash CLEVELAND OH Has My 3 Values (However, there was 1 person who broke down Specific Areas - Cities like Carbondale, Dayton, & a few others. I forgot, but I researched those too. & when I researched them they didn't seem too Attractive, but like I said when he/she mentioned Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio I ACCIDENTALLY thought he/she said Cleveland as well.).

Now, the reason why I'm Posting about Cleveland HERE in "General US" Instead of the Cleveland/OH Post is that I REALLY Don't want to Upset Anyone about Their Location (Including where I Live HERE/NYC & NJ).
I'm Interested in Moving to Cleveland b/c

1) Seems like it has a WIDE VARIETY of Diff (Denominations & NON) Churches that I can Find a Church Praise Band to JOIN.

2) I Found that it has "The Arts"?! I'm Not Only a Musician (Piano's my Main, but I started Guitar yrs. ago & I Play Middle Eastern Drum), but I LOVE "The Arts".

(3) Going To a (Park) Lake (NATURE).

But May Have a Problem. Now I know A LOT of People Ques./Comment about the Weather.

In Nash. I ALWAYS Went to "The Lake" (I Claimed it like my own) "Percy Priest Lake". It's a Park (Not those WaterFront Properties where you Can't Sit Down & Enjoy), The Water is Blue, "It's So BIG (Goes thru 3 Towns)", It's So Sunny, They're Islands Scattered, etc.

Now I Know OHIO like any other State (Like Nash) Must have (Park) Lakes TOO, but I've Heard people say That Ohio's ALWAYS CLOUDY. That it Rains A LOT. 1 Guy on YouTube actually showed what a Typical Day is. He showed what he was wearing (I Think a T-Shirt & Shorts) when it was Sunny in 1 Hr. & then he shows you what he put on when it was Raining in the Next Hr. (It was a Light Jacket). He explained that if you live there you have to Always Dress in Layers b/c of this.

I know when I was Living on my Own in Middle New Jersey there would be SUN SHOWERS Some or Most of the Time (Reason I Had to Move out @ that time was only b/c my Landlord Sold the House & I wasn't Financially Set so I had to Move BACK in w/ my parents in NYC). So,

I'm Really Like the Fact that Cleveland DOES FulFill my 2 Values Above. I REALLY DO Like NATURE - Meaning Sitting @ a Lake, But

Is it True that Cleveland is CLOUDY ALL THE TIME?

Does it RAIN ALL THE TIME?

Oh, Gosh, I REALLY Hope NOT (I was SO HAPPY To See that Cleveland has a WIDE VARIETY of Diff. Churches I REALLY FEEL Like I'll Feel @ Home There. I Won't have to Feel the Pressure of 1 or 2 etc. Denominations or NON Dominating Over Another.). So,

If someone could let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
Did you consider Louisville? Also about 70 Catholic churches at minimum in the city! It combines what you like about Cleveland and Nashville. Also more temperate. It has urbanity and history Nashville is trying to build new. However it has a more vibrant future and population growth Cleveland lacks and will probably for some time.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:58 AM

4,179 posts, read 2,897,981 times
Just curiosity, but why do you need a lot of varying denominations? Praise and worship music is usually found in non-denominational and some Baptists churches, no? I can’t imagine Lutheran or Catholic being a major market for those talents.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:15 AM

4,179 posts, read 2,897,981 times
Just eyeballing, it looks like 32 Catholic Churches in the three core Triangle counties (Wake, Durham, Orange). There are 13 ELCA churches within 25 miles of me in Raleigh (21 if you go 50 miles). And more Baptists and non-denominational (most of those with their own Worship bands) than you can shake a stick at.

Old 08-19-2021, 09:38 PM

Default For BOTH - PETER 1948 & HEEL 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Did you consider Louisville? Also about 70 Catholic churches at minimum in the city! It combines what you like about Cleveland and Nashville. Also more temperate. It has urbanity and history Nashville is trying to build new. However it has a more vibrant future and population growth Cleveland lacks and will probably for some time.
Peter1948, THANKS!! I Never had Considered that. That's something to look into. Yeah, I just looked online briefly & saw there are 30 (Best) or Reviews/Yellowpages on Catholic Churches. BUT

I Also researched Lutherans as well. There's only 22 Lutheran Churches, but I think I could live w/ that.

& I also researched NON DENOMINATIONAL which were Also A LOT!!

COOL!

Now I think I'm getting somewhere. But,

I Know Kentucky Doesn't have an Art(s) &/Or Music Scene like Nashville (tho' I'm NOT Into Country, but there's an INDIE Scene starting to Arise in Nashville - "No Country for New Nashville"), but

Would there be (or Are there) any Arts Or Music Jobs?

You also say the weather's Also "More Temperate" (like Nashville OR In ANY OTHER STATE)?!

Now, it's just for me to research which I Really Didn't see that many Arts &/Or Music Jobs (Lucrative. Like Teaching, etc.).

I just Skimmed over this on Indeed, but didn't really see any jobs in the Arts &/Or Music. I know I think I saw Performance like A CHURCH MUSICIAN GREAT!! But that was Unique & only 1. But I know you COULD FIND Jobs in the Arts &/Or Music EVEN THO' the City Or State Doesn't Have a Music Scene. Like I think when I Lived in New Jersey I found some Music Teaching (like in a Classroom) Jobs Even tho' There's NO MUSIC SCENE.

So, I'm Open Minded. Oh, but Also the reason that I Stress in a "Particular" Place ("City") is b/c I DON'T Have the Luxury of Driving. When I Lived in Nashville (even tho' it was only for 4 months) I used to drive, but I Can't Drive anymore so

THAT'S ANOTHER REASON FOR THIS POST

I wanted to have Access to Variety of Churches so it's Easier to Get Around.

Which I'll say to you that is the Same that I'm gonna say to HEEL82 who also responded to me. See, I'm Catholic & YES! I'm Very Well Aware of the Lack of Church Praise Bands. All you get in Catholic Churches are either JUST 1 Organist, OR Organist W/ a CHOIR OR a Pianist OR a Pianist W/ a CHOIR.

But Here's the Thing I DO WANT To Make Playing Music in a Church w/ Others Like-Minded as me Worshipping God. Piano is my main instrument, but I'd RATHER NOT GO into JUST ME Playing & Singing w/ a Church Congregation OR me Playing w/ a CHOIR & W/ a Church Congregation (i.e. in Catholic Church).

My nephew's longtime friend is a Pastor @ a Korean Church Here in NYC. My nephew told me that his church Has a Church Band. It's NOT a MASS it's NON Denominational which is FINE w/ Me. They Already have a Pianist which is Fine b/c I Love Down South/Midwest after living in Nash, TN for 4 months. BUT I Got to See How their Service Worked. Their Service is MORE of Music/Song - Sermon - Music/Song - Sermon & Music/Song. AFTER this Then the Congregation (which is Not Many) go downstairs to the Rec Room & Just Hang Out. I got to hang w/ some of the members of the Band Especially the Guitarist who not only Sings (& Plays Gtr.), but teaching himself to learn Piano. There's a Piano downstairs & I got to play a song I wrote to another member who's Vocalist.

So, THAT'S what I'm saying. I would love to Join in w/ a Church Band (like in a NON Denomin. OR DENOMIN.) that just PLAYS MUSIC & Then I Go To MASS (Catholic) on my own (which I did). I Attended Korean Church Service for the MUSIC (or FOCUSED Myself Musically) AND THEN I Went To My Church for the Mass/Divinity. I'm REALLY NOT TRYING TO SOUND BIASED. But like 1 of my nephew's other friend said to me "You go to Korean Church (or WHATEVER CHURCH) For the Music & Then you go to 'YOUR' Church for Christ (what she was trying to say was I'm going to "Whatever Church" Focused on Music - My Talents/Gifts to God & THEN I Go For the Worship TO GOD/CHRIST).

It was on a Sun. morn. I had to be in Queens, Bayside, NY @ the Korean Church for 10:30am Service joined the Congregation & Band & Pastors @ Rec Room AND THEN Attended My Own Catholic Parish for 6pm Sun. Mass here in Bronx.

So, THAT'S Why I'm focusing on having a GOOD AMOUNT Of a WIDE VARIETY Of Churches that's accessible to me that there's A LOT of Church Bands to Join - To Choose From.

(& Also like YOU said w/ a "More Temperate Weather".)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.