Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 10:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex in Texas may be hot but it is more dry; therefore, summers are much more tolerable than more humid cities of Little Rock, Atlanta, and all of Florida. I guess it depends on your personal preference. I found out when I moved here 3.5 years ago.
Already brought up was Amarillo and the air there is definitely drier in the summer than DFW. But it seems the higher elevation towns of North Carolina, such as Boone, are the quite easy winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 11:18 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,600,617 times
Salt Lake City. Utah ranks first in the nation, in number of people wha attend religious services every week. Nebraska is the next highest among non-southern states, followed by Ohio.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...ices/by/state/

Old 09-02-2021, 11:25 AM

525 posts, read 719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Already brought up was Amarillo and the air there is definitely drier in the summer than DFW. But it seems the higher elevation towns of North Carolina, such as Boone, are the quite easy winner.
I have never lived in higher elevation areas in North Carolina. I recalled that Asheville is much cooler than Knoxville, TN. I lived in Knoxville for two years. Summers were not that bad but still somewhat humid compared to DFW. It must be due to the fact that Knoxville is in the river valley away from the Smoky Mountains. Pollution just stays in the valley. That explained why my allergies were miserable during my two years there.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:05 AM

25 posts, read 16,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Try the same mountains in the Carolinas but closer to Greenville SC for bigger city and less isolation with similar nice mountain climate as Highland

Which place would you recommend? I believe summers in Greenville itself must be hard to deal with but it's quite close to the mountains and there should be places not so isolated/small like Boone.

Old 09-06-2021, 11:16 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,701,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoconnell View Post
Which place would you recommend? I believe summers in Greenville itself must be hard to deal with but it's quite close to the mountains and there should be places not so isolated/small like Boone.
Traveler's Rest
Pickens
Seneca
Walhalla

Assuming you want to leverage the city of Greenville but be closer to the mountains.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:19 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Yes West Virginia and East Tennessee are much cooler in the summer.

Also, Colorado Springs is an outpost of the Bible Belt outside the South.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:53 AM

1,002 posts, read 917,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

This could be a viable option.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:37 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
The south became the Bible Belt because the hot temperature in the summer made people fear hell more.

Where I live used to have more Bible Belt cultural influences 50 years ago but it’s been overrun with transplants who are not the old time gospel hellfire and brimstone type, but there was a time when revivals were held in circus tents and heavily promoted all over town.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:34 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

Commonly held perception, and while, yes, there are a large number of evangelical organizations in Colo Spgs, they relocated here as a business decision. They are not home grown because of a large religious base. The overall population of Colo Spgs is actually less religious than the average. Its also fair to say that their reach is global, not local. They generally do not populate local airwaves of have shows proliferating televisions networks. Additionally, the west, central, and south-east parts of the city are fairly liberal and vote democratic quite often when the larger county is voting on the right side of the ticket.

Also, Colo Spgs seems to be setting records ever year for the increasing number of days over 90*. Combine that with the extremely high UV exposure and thin air, and the environment is not for everyone.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:29 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,882 times
Do check out eastern Tennessee . Johnson City has moderate summers, much more so than Knoxville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.