Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 05:00 PM

12,886 posts, read 9,628,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
White woman/black man couples are extremely common and even praised, only in extremist fringe circles is this interracial pairing criticized.
Yep. I think it was the first pairing racists ever complained about but I think this is now the most accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 05:42 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,901,754 times
Quote:
White woman/black man couples are extremely common and even praised, only in extremist fringe circles is this interracial pairing criticized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Yep. I think it was the first pairing racists ever complained about but I think this is now the most accepted.
No way. White Women and Black Men are the most scrutinized pairing. Thankfully that is changing, but if you are being honest, this pairing gets the most stares.

In most major metro areas you’ll be fine, but in a large portion, this pairing will still get the most stares.

It was historically the most taboo pairing in this country, and based on physical features, there are the greatest differences.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:48 PM

2,878 posts, read 2,190,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
No way. White Women and Black Men are the most scrutinized pairing. Thankfully that is changing, but if you are being honest, this pairing gets the most stares.

In most major metro areas you’ll be fine, but in a large portion, this pairing will still get the most stares.

It was historically the most taboo pairing in this country, and based on physical features, there are the greatest differences.
I would agree with that, if by stares you mean those based on hostility. I think in some quarters a Chinese-Indian or Chinese-Black couple would get more attention because these are extremely rare, but I think that was more based on curiosity than antagonism.

Old 05-01-2022, 08:40 PM

817 posts, read 633,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post

I think it depends on what generation we're talking about, among Gen Z white women and black men couples are often looked at as the "ideal", social media has boosted this pairing's reputation especially on TikTok. Gen X or older far right types is the demographic where this pairing faces the most criticism imo

Old 11-27-2022, 12:56 AM

9 posts, read 5,415 times
In fact, few Asians and Americans marry... China's statistics record that Chinese women marry the largest Korean and Japanese men. Chinese men marry most Korean women, Japanese women, Russian women。 In 2019, 19095 Chinese women married .In 2019, 19095 Chinese women married foreign men.60% are married to Korean men and Japanese men.Chinese men marry 29329 foreign women. In 2020, because of the epidemic, Chinese men married 10054 foreign women, and Chinese women married 7137 foreign men.......

Old 11-27-2022, 01:23 AM

9 posts, read 5,415 times
In Asia, Japanese women marry more Chinese women than Chinese men marry Japanese women .Chinese men marry more Russian women than Russian women.In the United States, perhaps because the Chinese are mainly from southern China .For example, Cantonese, Hong Kong and Taiwanese. They are not very tall.And their skeletons are smaller than those of nomads and Han people in northern China..In fact, many people are too concerned about height. Many northern Chinese men and Russian men are Tall.But the richest people are usually Chinese southerners and Japanese.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:00 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,901,754 times
Quote:
I think it depends on what generation we're talking about, among Gen Z white women and black men couples are often looked at as the "ideal", social media has boosted this pairing's reputation especially on TikTok. Gen X or older far right types is the demographic where this pairing faces the most criticism imo
Right, that is probably true, but if you go out in public, Black Men and White women will get the most stares. It would likely be a lot less in GenZ and younger groups, but they will still get the most stares of all groups.

Even when it comes to other races, one of the reasons that blacks get the most stares I don’t think is necessarily because of racism, but more so because of their physical features. Whites, many Latinos (which I know can be of any race), and Asians tend to share more similar physical features.

So staring when blacks are involved in interracial relationships I think may be more due to it just being that the interracial relationship is less subtle (and people are more curious) than necessarily having to do with racism. Of course there are a few groups (not just whites) who are less welcoming of blacks in interracial relationships, but I think it is thankfully changing, albeit slowly.

Old 11-27-2022, 05:35 PM

640 posts, read 353,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lishiming View Post
In fact, few Asians and Americans marry... China's statistics record that Chinese women marry the largest Korean and Japanese men. Chinese men marry most Korean women, Japanese women, Russian women。 In 2019, 19095 Chinese women married .In 2019, 19095 Chinese women married foreign men.60% are married to Korean men and Japanese men.Chinese men marry 29329 foreign women. In 2020, because of the epidemic, Chinese men married 10054 foreign women, and Chinese women married 7137 foreign men.......
Not exactly sure I’m understanding your paragraph. But Asian Americans as a whole marry outside their race more than any racial group. Certain Asian groups such as Japanese Americans have an interracial marriage rate as high as 60%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.