Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 12:28 PM

817 posts, read 630,994 times

Advertisements

To change things up a bit, how about when it comes to certain Asian ethnicities? Like places where Filipino women/White men are most prevalent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 12:44 PM

9,928 posts, read 6,638,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
To change things up a bit, how about when it comes to certain Asian ethnicities? Like places where Filipino women/White men are most prevalent
You’re not changing the topic. We were talking precisely about this

Old 02-18-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
You’re not changing the topic. We were talking precisely about this
oof I didn't see the previous comments lol

Old 02-18-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Not all Asian groups are equally open to marrying white.
This is ten years old but still match my personal observation.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...oup-relations/

A ranking of ethnicities willing to date outside their race, from most to least:

Japanese
Filipino
Korean
Chinese
Vietnamese
Indian

American born ones are also found to be more receptive to this type of relationship than new immigrants.

Since there aren't that many Japanese Americans, and a lot of them are in Hawaii, just find a place with a big Filipino/Korean/Chinese population that are pretty established and not new.

While places like Minneapolis or Houston might look good on paper because of overall Asian numbers they're not as good as Boston, NYC or the West Coast for this reason.

Thanks for the stats, very interesting. I wonder what the White/Asian interracial rates are like in pacific US territories like Hawaii, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands

Old 02-18-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
This is way too specific
He must have first hand experience with this

Old 02-18-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
Thanks for the stats, very interesting. I wonder what the White/Asian interracial rates are like in pacific US territories like Hawaii, Guam, and Northern Mariana Islands
That’s precisely why I said that this list does barely anything to explain where white/Asian integration occurs. We’ve already said why the west coast is the obvious answer.

I would say middle America (Houston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas) would be second. And the East Coast last.

Most cities with a fairly large Asian population are atleast somewhat diverse. I would say the culture of integration that pre exists in these cities has a higher impact.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:34 PM

1,376 posts, read 933,723 times
Quote:
Well, your link showed Koreans being the least comfortable of the groups mentioned. It does show Japanese #1 which is a bit surprising to me. But the American Japanese community is very small. And the few huge populations that exist are in California and NY, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Anyway, I respect this list but a problem with this list is that it only includes these 6 nationalities. Particularly in the case of Minneapolis, they boast a huge Hmong population which isn’t shown by this. And the Hmong people are known for integrating when it comes to dating. I for one have known quite a bit of them in my travels and rarely see a born American Hmong end up dating another Asian.
Yeah, I know some Korean families that disowned their son/daughter for marrying a white person.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:35 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 2 days ago)

8,369 posts, read 5,529,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
Yeah, I know some Korean families that disowned their son/daughter for marrying a white person.
My ex was a Korean. Her dad called me a terrorist.

Back in Dallas I had a friend who is a Korean man that is married to a black woman. Neither of their families will talk to them.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:43 PM

I briefly dated a Korean in Colorado. Never met her parents though. Maybe that’s not a bad thing

Old 02-18-2022, 03:49 PM

125 posts, read 122,203 times
Dude, I literally just posted a thread on this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.