Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 11:55 AM

1,376 posts, read 927,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Like it or not, this is true, but I think the wealthiest of the wealthiest neighborhoods are still predominately white. For example, I live in upper middle class urban which now feels majority Asian. Newport and Laguna Beach are predominantly white, not a lot of Asians.
Where do people like the wealthiest person in LA (I think the LA Lakers owner) live? I think his good friend is the Brooklyn Nets owner who co-founded Alibaba. Guys like billionaire John Tu/David Sun or the Ferrari collector Dave Lee. I also saw many videos of young Chinese kids, sons and daughters of Billionaires in LA going to school, where do they live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 12:01 PM

1,376 posts, read 927,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Exactly. Japan had been a first world nation for decades and there was less financial incentive for Japanese to emigrate to the US. Being accepting or not had little to do with it.
Yes, a lot of Koreans came to the US in the 70s and 80s but now that South Korea is one of the top economies, a lot of people aren't moving to the US anymore. I lived in Korea briefly for about a year and I can see why people love it there. I hope to one day buy a place in Seoul but the prices are getting crazy. My friend bought a condo in Seoul for $200,000 around 10 years ago and it's worth well over $2 million now.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:19 PM

817 posts, read 628,146 times
So it's been established that the West coast is pretty easy going for White men/Asian women interracial dating. But what about the East Coast, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, NYC, Boston?

Old 04-06-2022, 11:14 AM

676 posts, read 648,242 times
I might think NYC and Boston are OK? And D.C. too? (Maybe in that order). Anywhere that is fairly international and globalized with a high number of Asians in the city would fare well. I think it would just be mostly a numbers factor here.

By far most accepted/unnoticed I think would be SF Bay Area, followed closely by LA and then Seattle. Hawaii I would guess would actually be more racially segregated.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:00 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
So it's been established that the West coast is pretty easy going for White men/Asian women interracial dating. But what about the East Coast, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, NYC, Boston?
The big cities in the South have been very tolerant of it in my experience.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:04 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The big cities in the South have been very tolerant of it in my experience.
Agreed. The east coast is the least tolerance

Old 04-06-2022, 03:14 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,478,124 times
NYC is the strangest place for dating,it seems everyone just go about their business ,they dont need to date,may be they just date themselves,??

Old 04-06-2022, 03:28 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Agreed. The east coast is the least tolerance
Not agreed, not even close.

NYC, Philadephia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Raleigh-Durham, Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami-Ft Lauderdale, Tampa-t Petersburg, New Orleans, Birmingham, Austin, Houston, Dallas-Ft Worth, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee....the list goes on of cities where acceptance of White Men and Asian Women is normalized. Ironically cities like SF, LA and Seattle have the biggest issue from within the Asian population where interracial marriage is still a big taboo.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:36 PM

511 posts, read 400,124 times
I'm Asian. I think Seattle--Tacoma is the best area for WFAM/WMAF couples... That was the most Asian place I've ever been to.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:41 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
There are plenty of White Male/ Asian Female couples here in Chicago. It is very commonly to see whenever you go out. Just walking around the city, you see this pairing pretty frequently. I have gone on a good number of dates with Asian females through the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.