Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 08:52 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,658,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
Those trans ones on K street by Noma used to stare a hole in your car.

Funny I remember one time on NY ave at the Shell I seen a street worker that looked too decent standing outside the gas station. By the time a got back in my car I seen someone pull up to the pump in front of me and try to talk to her. Next thing I know 10 police cars swarmed them and I could only smh as I casually continued to pump my gas. What a dummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 12:04 AM

711 posts, read 683,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
In Atlanta, it was Stewart Avenue... it was so notorious they changed the name of the street to Metropolitan Pkwy. https://editions.covecollective.org/...stewart-avenue Now, it's going through gentrification with many crackhouses being renovated into homes that are worth 10x - 20x before the renovation.
Don't forget about the Cheshire Bridge Road area that is still home to adult bookstores, an S&M club, strip clubs and massage parlors where that mass shooting was last year. That area is undergoing a transformation, though, since it's sandwiched between the two high-rent districts of Buckhead and Morningside Park. There's currently a townhouse on the market for more than $1 million less than 100 yards away from the massage parlors.

Old 03-31-2022, 11:52 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,087,937 times
Hunts Point (Bronx), East NY (BK), South Jamaica (Queens)

Old 03-31-2022, 12:34 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Storyville - New Orleans, LA
Creek St. - Ketchikan, AK
Tombstone, AK

Most gold rush/mining towns out west.
Ketichikan is a fishing town.

Where is Tombstone, Alaska?? Never heard of it.

Did you mean Tombstone, Arizona???

Tombstone, Arizona is tourist trap for seniors from the mid-west. I have a place a few miles from Tombstone.

Tombstone does have a GREAT ice cream store.

Old 03-31-2022, 12:54 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,852,784 times
After living in Tucson for awhile and being a bit of a wild west fanboy for a few years (faded now), I found Tombstone to be a fun 1/2 day thing to do, like, once every 3 years or so. It's fine for what it is, worth a visit, but yes, very touristy and kitschy. I mean, these people have to make money somehow - the old way of making money there is dried up at this point.

I do think most people will enjoy it the first time they go, as long as they don't expect to be entertained for a whole day.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:12 PM

23,535 posts, read 24,029,400 times
In the ‘80’s, when I lived in Southern California, parts of Sunset & Hollywood Blvd’s had a lot of streetwalkers, especially Friday & Saturday nights. I recall there was a push by citizens to get the area “cleaned up.” I don’t think they are there any longer.

Old 04-04-2022, 09:15 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,232,797 times
This was apparently the case before I was born (1995), but I've heard stories about 13th Street south of Market being Philadelphia's red light district. Nowadays, South 13th Street between Chestnut and Locusts Streets is brimming with restaurants and unique shops. There aren't any truly run-down areas in Center City anymore.

Nowadays, that title belongs to Kensington Avenue. That will change quickly as gentrification marches its way north and northeast through the River Wards.

Old 04-04-2022, 11:27 AM

20 posts, read 11,207 times
Harry Hines Boulevard in Dallas.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:06 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Anywhere out side of a US military base, especially in the south.
Phenix City, across from Fort Benning , Georgia.
Guy Town - Austin, Texas - prior to WW1 (now a trendy & expensive hipster high rise condo neighborhood).

Old 04-06-2022, 07:28 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Ketichikan is a fishing town.

Where is Tombstone, Alaska?? Never heard of it.

Did you mean Tombstone, Arizona???

Tombstone, Arizona is tourist trap for seniors from the mid-west. I have a place a few miles from Tombstone.

Tombstone does have a GREAT ice cream store.
I have a friend from Ketchikan and I think they're referring to Creek St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.