Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 08:25 PM

27,231 posts, read 44,163,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Where are all the people?
Hiding inside. Some of those places present well for "walk score" but the reality is not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 02:42 AM

6,428 posts, read 5,073,585 times
4th Ave area of Tucson. Light rail; pretty good consistency of development; blocks and blocks of retail and dining establishments for all levels of the market. Close to the U of A for lectures, sports games, and campus events. Actually more vibrant than the city's fairly dead (although architecturally interesting) downtown.

https://goo.gl/maps/YNYWic3Rb4RLCpeq7

Old 06-14-2022, 06:59 AM

17,465 posts, read 15,609,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Hiding inside. Some of those places present well for "walk score" but the reality is not so much.
Oh come on lol... We BOTH know that this is not true.
You're telling me that people are hiding inside in South Eola, around Lake Eola (including to the East in Thornton Park) and Baldwin Park???

To answer the question about people, or lack thereof, I think it's safe to assume that the Maps car made its runs during off hours, as there is NEVER any parking available here during the day and into the night, and these businesses are closed:

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.5422...7i16384!8i8192

I worked in that area for years, and it was always very lively during business hours, and at night, and even more so on weekends (actually packed during weekend daytime hours.)

Baldwin Park is a lot more residential, but still very active. Lived there for a year, and I loved to walk to my local Publix, or to the ice cream shop, etc., as the sidewalks/walkways and trail were always busy with others running errands or simply enjoying the outdoors.

I'm not going to act like Orlando is some sort of urban paradise. But anyone familiar enough with the place outside of the tourist areas knows that it has its share of solid urban neighborhoods within the core. It is very similar to Charlotte in this regard.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 06-14-2022 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-14-2022, 08:17 AM

7,295 posts, read 10,643,645 times
I recognize Columbus is not as sprawly as most Sun Belt metros, but's it's not exactly a "legacy" city, either. That being said, the German Village seems like a cool urban-ish node that I'd love to explore in person: https://goo.gl/maps/z3nJoKawBZqtfmxV7

Old 06-17-2022, 02:32 PM

32 posts, read 21,492 times
Love this concept for a thread.

Even though I hate Nashville, (even tho I'm from there), there are very little areas that are truly "walkable".

Hillsboro/West End:
https://goo.gl/maps/Nay75T966Jw6ivvW8

Its pretty hectic car-wise, but its surprisingly walkable in person. Loads of people usually walk around. I

The Gulch, a fairly walkable area right outside of downtown.
https://goo.gl/maps/CiLN9cEPg63Cq4n46

They don't look as nice as the others mentioned above and are not "super walkable", but those two areas I would go to if I wanted to take a stroll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.