Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 11:11 AM

6,812 posts, read 4,254,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
Interesting in even the most liberal states masks are becoming obsolete. I remember in April 2021 I was at a Burger King in Jacksonville and only 2 of the employees wore masks. Liberals bashed Florida and the south for re-opening too early but now we're starting to see that covid is not as bad as the media made it out to be. Mid-21 was a turning point for the mask mandates. Vaccine mandates were still prevalent in 2021 but every since Early 22 barely anyone brings up covid stuff.

Mid-21 was the turnaround because that's when most people got vaccinated. The reason Covid is no longer a relevant factor in most people's thinking is the vaccination campaign. That doesn't mean those people suddenly agree that Covid was a nothing burger all along, it just means they think being vaccinated has reduced the risk to acceptable levels in order to resume regular life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 12:29 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,413,453 times
In Austin and San Antonio almost nobody is wearing masks. There are places where masks are more common, like medical facilities. But for the most part it's pretty rare to see anybody wearing masks. Even at grocery stores you only see maybe 5-10% of people wearing them.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:54 PM

2,195 posts, read 1,857,367 times
Chicago has gotten fewer. A couple of months ago, it was 50-60% on the trains, now probably 25%. And again, maybe 20% at the local Mariano's grocery.

Outside, virtually zero. Workers at restaurants and retail are maybe 50/50.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:59 PM

3,456 posts, read 3,382,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Chicago has gotten fewer. A couple of months ago, it was 50-60% on the trains, now probably 25%. And again, maybe 20% at the local Mariano's grocery.

Outside, virtually zero. Workers at restaurants and retail are maybe 50/50.
I'd say even in Chicago places like restaurants, retail, etc, the amount of workers wearing masks is trending downward. Maybe it's like 30-40%, nowadays?

I still do see some stocking to wearing masks, even since the mask mandate and vaccine mandate(to eat inside restaurants/bars) were both dropped at the end of February 2022. Once in a while I'll see random businesses still requiring masks, and I think in Illinois hospitals and other health care facilities, those are the last places where the mask mandate hasn't been dropped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.