Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 07:10 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
DFW,

Likely Colorado, and the PNW moving too.

I've actually noticed quite a few Georgia plates this year. I've seen a few Tennessee, FL and of course California plates.
That’s interesting. I know a disproportionate amount of people here in Seattle that have moved to either Dallas or Austin - Houston, not so much. It seems far and away the most popular out of state destination, not counting Californians who decide to move back. I do get the Texas attraction, especially for those planning on having /have kids and can’t afford the sky high housing here. A lot of them took their remote jobs with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 07:56 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
There seems to be a direct connection from St. Louis to Kansas City, Dallas, Chicago and Seattle.

I am meeting people from all over. In my runners club there is representation from Nashville, Little Rock, Philadelphia, Chicago and rural areas in the mid west.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:56 PM

406 posts, read 340,553 times
I live in the Wichita, KS area which, unfortunately, attracts very few outsiders. If I see out of state license plates it is usually from either OK or TX. I've heard that some of the educated, progressive-minded people from Wichita area relocate to places like Kansas City or Omaha.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:49 PM

828 posts, read 691,106 times
People are moving to Florida mostly from all the woke places up north. I haven't noticed much migration from other sunbelt states, but people from NY, NJ, New England etc are flocking here.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:35 PM

2,848 posts, read 2,165,384 times
In my Denver suburb most of the newcomers seem to hail from California and other western states. A few are from the Northeast and Texas, with the rest coming from rural Colorado.

I don't know that many who're thinking of moving away, but the few I know who're thinking of it are either moving to PNW or Florida, because they miss the ocean.

Old 07-07-2022, 11:12 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I'm in North Idaho. Lots of people moving here from the Seattle area and various places in California.

They are sure to let us know how they are superior and more sophisticated because they come from the big city and they don't make any effort to fit themselves into the local culture and think they should be the ones to run things. Needless to say, they are not well liked.

As far as I can tell, no one is moving away, so there is no clear cut destination for people who are leaving.

Old 07-07-2022, 11:24 AM

56 posts, read 84,717 times
I'm in Denver. People I've met recently have moved here from California, Washington, and New York. I don't know anyone who's moved out of here recently. A few moved out of Denver over and other mountain towns to Grand Junction.

Old 07-07-2022, 11:48 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Houston, TX

Of people that have moved here that I talk to, Louisiana is the big one. Beyond that, Nigeria, Venezuela, the Central American nations, India, Southern California, Midland, TX, South Florida, and Midwestern states. We do have some Friends from Portland too. All in all, I meet more people from other countries than other parts of the US.

Of people that are leaving, the big two that seem to constantly come up are Austin and Denver.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:09 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
San Diego checking in.

Most (as always the case) move back to the city/region that was once their home.

For those that don’t have a family connection somewhere, it’s either Nevada or Arizona for my mom’s friends in the retirement age bracket, and Texas and Florida for my friends with school aged kids. It’s only about 10 families collectively, but this is up from 0 that moved pre-covid.

As for moving here it’s the same bunch that have been moving here my whole adult life. Los Angeles, the Bay Area, and Arizona are by far the top 3 areas. Boston (NE), Washington, and Colorado is the next tier.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:20 PM

471 posts, read 272,281 times
I live in Philly, a lot of people I meet here have moved from NYC or DC. It's actually been quite surprising how many people I've met have lived in DC at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.