Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 01:36 PM

2,858 posts, read 2,172,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Austin had 2-3 24-hour cafes when I lived there and I think Portland might have them too and the ones in Austin were usually busy that late. So your argument about people not hanging out at cafes that late in the states is wrong. And no, there were no cafe options in Manhattan that late aside from the tiny 24 hour Starbucks in Time Square and you only go to Time Square if your tourist.

In NYC there was literally nothing to do past 10-11pm aside from bars and diners. I looked it up, googled it and researched it. If there was stuff to do that late in NYC (aside from bars and diners) then you'd be able to find it through Google. The companies would want the business so why would you not be able to find it on Google??
I just randomly searched for late night cafes and good places to study at night and found a few places in the Village and Williamsburg that open till midnight or after. You could probably find a handful of those in every city for the nocturnally inclined and students pulling all nighters.
What about hookah bars? They usually don't serve alcohol and open very late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 06:52 AM

1,351 posts, read 896,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Maybe Minneapolis?
Tell me you've never been to the Upper Midwest without telling me you've never been to the Upper Midwest.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:58 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
I just randomly searched for late night cafes and good places to study at night and found a few places in the Village and Williamsburg that open till midnight or after. You could probably find a handful of those in every city for the nocturnally inclined and students pulling all nighters.
What about hookah bars? They usually don't serve alcohol and open very late.
Gyms are open 24 hours.
Working out is a great substitute for drinking.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Gyms are open 24 hours.
Working out is a great substitute for drinking.
Only if you're drinking alone. When's the last time you hung out with a group of friends at the gym?

Old 08-30-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Only if you're drinking alone. When's the last time you hung out with a group of friends at the gym?
I have my gym buddies.
Can’t stand the precore without someone fun and interesting next to me.
Maybe it’s a female thing.

Old 08-30-2022, 12:21 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
I used to work out with friends and then go play basketball after. Happens alot.

Old 08-30-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I used to work out with friends and then go play basketball after. Happens alot.
Some nyc courts are open all night, some until 1am.
Now that’s good clean fun. A good pickup game perhaps.

Old 08-30-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Some nyc courts are open all night, some until 1am.
Now that’s good clean fun. A good pickup game perhaps.
Not saying there's no socializing at the gym or ball courts for guys, but it's the idea that it's either this or drinking, in NYC of all places, that strikes me and the other poster as sad.

Old 08-30-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Not saying there's no socializing at the gym or ball courts for guys, but it's the idea that it's either this or drinking, in NYC of all places, that strikes me and the other poster as sad.
I’m can think of a bunch of different things that are open late but of course you have to be interested in them
Movies, chess players, d and d games or other board games, late night tennis (much cheaper court price), tons of barbershops especially in Washington heights are open till all hours, what time are the Chelsea piers sports and courts open until (check on that). Ice skating in the winter at rock or Bryant, peep shows, hanging out in a park or public space (like Lincoln center fountain) and people watch as the opera, ballet or theater lets out, some off off broadway on the LES don’t start until 10 or 11pm.
And that’s just off the top of my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.