Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 06:16 PM

422 posts, read 396,960 times

Advertisements

Phoenix area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 06:19 PM

12,841 posts, read 9,573,647 times
I'm from California. My informal list:

Phoenix
Las Vegas
Austin
Denver
Boise

Old 09-30-2022, 06:28 PM

511 posts, read 400,276 times
Austin is starting to look like a California satellite city in the South.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:04 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
In my experience, the places outside of California with the most “Cali Vibes” are Arizona and Washington. Arizona obviously doesn’t have a coast, but in terms of people, huge California transplant presence and general feel of inland Cali (obviously minus the beach culture), Arizona feels very Cali-like. Again, there are also so many people from California living in AZ so that gives it a “Cali Vibe.” Washington State also feels very Northern Cali to me in its vibe. Also a good amount of Cali transplants there too.
Nah, not even close.

My primary home is in Washington state and I have a home in Arizona.

California was a special place in the 1960's. Those days are long, long gone.

These days there is NOTHING good about a "Cali Vibe". BTW, nobody I know calls it Cali....you must be a transplant.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:18 PM

12,841 posts, read 9,573,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I'm from California. My informal list:

Phoenix
Las Vegas
Austin
Denver
Boise
Seattle
Portland

Old 09-30-2022, 07:41 PM

383 posts, read 181,467 times
You really can't. Climate-wise, you'd have to leave the continent altogether, and I'd say that plays at least a small part in what shapes our culture. What other places have that "wild west" vibe?

Old 09-30-2022, 07:46 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,299,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perennial millennial View Post
You really can't. Climate-wise, you'd have to leave the continent altogether, and I'd say that plays at least a small part in what shapes our culture. What other places have that "wild west" vibe?
I was going to say-you need three major elements to coincide-ocean beach, warm weather, and tall mountains to even begin this quest.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:00 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Nah, not even close.

My primary home is in Washington state and I have a home in Arizona.

California was a special place in the 1960's. Those days are long, long gone.

These days there is NOTHING good about a "Cali Vibe". BTW, nobody I know calls it Cali....you must be a transplant.
And you must not know how to read……the title of the thread literally says “Cali Vibes” genius

Old 09-30-2022, 08:05 PM

834 posts, read 454,358 times
I think people really downplay how Texan Austin is because it leans left and has tech. It has UT, Longhorns Football, BBQ, TX hill country and blackland prairie landscape, Texas like suburbs and infrastructure, the state capitol, taco trucks, Tex-Mex. I could go on and on but Austin is a Texan city and doesn’t really remind me much of California other than tech (and I like it that way). Even the liberalness in Austin has a Texan feel to it (Austin isn’t the only left leaning area in Tx). Also most of the transplants in the city are not from California but from Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. I’d be willing to argue that Collin County gives me more of a California vibe than any other place in the state as it seems similar to Orange County without the beautiful scenery.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:10 PM

834 posts, read 454,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post

I think it's an unanswerable question because there's not one set of Cali vibes. San Diego has different vibes than LA, both have very different vibes than the Bay Area and all of those are different from the central valley or the Sierras or the north coast or the desert. It's a huge state with a very diverse setup, and even within something like the L.A. metropolitan area different areas can have hugely different 'vibes'.
I agree with this. There’s not really a singular “cali vibe” imo as there are so many places in that state that feel so different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.