Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 09:39 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

Have you considered New England? Connecticut fits your description perfectly. Outside of Fairfield County it’s surprisingly affordable. Connecticut is No. 3 for both K-12 schools and healthcare according to US News & World Reports. It is in the Top 5 for per capita Gross Domestic Product and Median Household and Family Income. It’s also No. 1 in Disposable Income. It’s a truly great place to raise a family.

I’d recommend the shoreline suburbs east of New Haven or the beautiful Farmington River Valley suburbs west of Hartford. Branford, Guilford and Madison are beautiful towns with sort of a beach town vibe. The schools are excellent and Madison’s town owned Surf Club beach and park is truly stunning. Nearby is Clinton Premium Outlets for great shopping. New Haven offers an unbelievable narray of cultural and entertainment options.

The Farmington River Valley towns of Farmington, Avon, Simsbury, Burlington, Canton and Granby have a sort of Shang-ra-La feel to them with a quiet semi rural feel to them. The schools are also excellent, among the best in the state. The valley also has great shopping and dining and isn’t far from the wonderful Westfarms Mall for major shopping. Bradley International Airport is nearby as well. The 80.3-mile Farmington Canal Heritage Trail from Massachusetts to New Haven and the 16.1-mile Farmington River Trail pass through the valley offering a unique and expansive walking/biking experience while Talcott Mountain State Park is great for hiking.

If that’s not enough, you are two hours from Boston and New York City and all they offer. Plus you have the beautiful mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire to the north and the great beaches of Cape Cod and Rhode Island to the east. If you get bored here, you will likely be bored anywhere. I’m sure you’ll like it. Jay

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...gs/health-care

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...cation/prek-12

https://fchtrail.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2023, 04:06 PM

159 posts, read 124,868 times
I visited the university of New Mexico in Albuquerque a few years back. Albuquerque is poor and its ugly city not to mention I saw few rowdy looking tattooed cholos hanging out in street when I was there . It seems like there is a lot crime in Albuquerque.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.