Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about piercings?
Hate them 45 55.56%
Love 'em 9 11.11%
don't care either way. 21 25.93%
no opinion. 5 6.17%
Undecided 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 01:50 PM

485 posts, read 1,959,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Hate facial piercings. All of them. And tongues too. Im not even keen on ear piercings. The only one I find even vaguely attractive and tolerable is the tiny little jewel on the side of the nose.

As a comedian once said about facial piercings, it looks like "they had fallen face first into a tackle box". I agree, looks like shrapnel damage.
I totally agree. I don't pass judgment - I mean if I'm waited on at a restaurant by a person with facial piercings, I really don't care. I'm not going to treat him/her differently. I guess I see it as a fad, a little like tattoos. When I see people with unconventional body art, all I can imagine is what they will look like when they are 80 and saggy...especially those guys who put those peg things in their ear lobes. I mean when they are 80, are they still going to wear the pegs? Or just have big loops of skin hanging down. I personally don't think it's attractive, but then people my not find my hairstyle or whatever attractive.

Also, you have to be careful with piercings that are in places that are not cartilage...like nose and ear piercings seem to be ok with the body, but I've seen plenty of infections from eyebrow and lip piercings. And don't get me started on tongue piercings...they make you sound like you've got a speech problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 PM

250 posts, read 335,880 times
Whenever I see a kid using facial jewelry, I want to rip it off their face and hand it to them. Just stupid.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 PM

117 posts, read 313,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
YUK!! Don't you see pictures of relatives from the 80's with really bad hairdos and makeup and think, "Boy, do they look dumb" ? 15 years from now,thats what people will say about you with big ole metal bits sticking outta yer face.

You should have a poll attached to this.
not really, my parents didn't live in the US. However I've always loved the ways those people dressed. They were so crazy! (cool!) Besides, piercings as well as earrings can be taken out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Jewelry for teeth?
actually there's such a thing, as well as grillz. [/quote]

Old 06-06-2008, 11:10 AM

41 posts, read 136,018 times
Nothing says, " hey everyone look at me, look at me, I need attention at all times" like a facial piercing. Same goes for facial and neck tatoos, tramp stamps, and meaningless tats in general. I feel sad for these people because they will never be able to get enough attention, so they will continue to get more piercings and tats. I have even heard them call tatoos an "addiction" and you just can't stop getting them. When in reality they love the personal attention of the tatoo artist and then they get to show everyone my new tatoo, yey for me!!! lol. Thats the real addiction, attention. I mean seriously, who gets a new tatoo or peircing and doesn't show everyone they can.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:33 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Default Not Worth It

They are disgusting, among other things. Yes, it is the choice of one who chooses to get them, and if they want to look terrible, that unquestionably is their business. Most people who get those things don't even like their own bodies or how they look. It's real difficult for me to even look at anyone who has a nose ring, a lip ring, an eyebrow ring, etc. Sorry, folks, but those things are vigorously overrated. There are just too many risks, such as scars and infection.

But earlobes will do just fine.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Why I think their great!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,049 times
It is the year 2008 not 1958. Facial piercings are just as much a part of this decade as afros and bell bottoms in the 70's. I think it depends on the person. Some people make nose peircings look tasteful, others make it look trashy. As long as you don't go overboard it's fine.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:45 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
Two Words: Job Stopper

Old 06-09-2008, 07:55 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,456 times
Rush right out and do what all the cool people are doing. It will make you cool, too. Get as many facial piercings as you can afford. When you get older and piercings are being laughed at, and your holes have streched out and won't close up, you can fill them with botox, like all the cool people do. This is a no-brainer. Why even ask?

Old 06-09-2008, 07:59 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
What's funny to me is all those people who get the huge guage earing in their ears so when they are 50, 60, and 70 they are going to have these MAMMOTH holes in their ears drooping down to their shoulders. I wonder what "will be cool" then...probably back piercings right down the spinal chord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.