Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 07:29 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharris213 View Post
A great place to raise my family????? My husband interviewed for a job where you can live just about anywhere in the USA. We have the opportunity to live anywhere. We have 2 kids - 4 and 6 years old. We like to bike and walk and play!!! Prefer nice weather, but will endure some winter for a great place. Excellent Schools are a must and a small to medium city near by for stuff to do. Traffic and commutes dont pose a problem for us. We are looking in the 300-400k price range for a home...I am hoping people can help us find a great place to live with all of the above!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
NYC, the New jersey Shore, Hawaii, Florida, any deserted island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 07:35 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times
New York!

Hoping in the next few years to move back there...

Old 06-15-2008, 08:20 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharris213 View Post
A great place to raise my family????? My husband interviewed for a job where you can live just about anywhere in the USA. We have the opportunity to live anywhere. We have 2 kids - 4 and 6 years old. We like to bike and walk and play!!! Prefer nice weather, but will endure some winter for a great place. Excellent Schools are a must and a small to medium city near by for stuff to do. Traffic and commutes dont pose a problem for us. We are looking in the 300-400k price range for a home...I am hoping people can help us find a great place to live with all of the above!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
The location isn't as important as being close to family!! We thought it would be wonderful to live in 'Paradise' when my hubby was transferred to the Florida Keys!! The location was nice, but it was so far from family that we couldn't enjoy it. Now we have retired and are living in a beautiful location in East TN, but once again, it's a long way from family so it can't be enjoyed totally!! My suggestion is to find a place you like that will keep you close to your family! Nothing in life is as important as FAMILY!!!! I would give up just about everything to live closer to my elderly parents, my children and my grandchildren!!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
New York!

Hoping in the next few years to move back there...
Upstate or the City?????

Old 06-15-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
The location isn't as important as being close to family!! We thought it would be wonderful to live in 'Paradise' when my hubby was transferred to the Florida Keys!! The location was nice, but it was so far from family that we couldn't enjoy it. Now we have retired and are living in a beautiful location in East TN, but once again, it's a long way from family so it can't be enjoyed totally!! My suggestion is to find a place you like that will keep you close to your family! Nothing in life is as important as FAMILY!!!! I would give up just about everything to live closer to my elderly parents, my children and my grandchildren!!
The problem here is my family goes from NYC to Florida to California to Brussells, Belgium. I would have to be a few clones and I don't think I could stand more than 1 of me!!!!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I chose Maine where all but one of my sons and his family live. My DP's family are all in Japan.....we visit every year....but not speaking the language...I don't want to move there.....and too far from my kids.....and I would really be "from away" over there. (I wouldnt mind living there for part of the winter.....that would be quite a snow bird migration...and his family is in southern Japan.... but not Okinawa.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:11 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I recently moved to Gorham Maine just outside of Portland. I hope to never leave here. There is more than a little winter but put that in the natural cycle of the year-- spring, summer, indian summer, fall, early and late winter...and it is glorious. Low crime, scenic beauty, ocean, city amenities, rural values.....I can't recommend it enough.
Maine: The Way Life Should Be!
I've always loved the whole New England area, and I would love to live just about anywhere up there. But, I don't think I could handle y'alls winters. I love snow and cold weather, but I have a feeling that what y'all have may be more than I can handle.
It is beautiful there!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.