Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 AM

64 posts, read 276,157 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me where they would say are the most open-minded, grace-oriented evangelical churches on the east coast south of Pa?

By this I mean, churches that are somewhat progressive - as in, drums in their worship team, folks wearing casual clothes to church, open to new/different types of ministry etc. Not to offend, but not the "'shame on you sinners - you're going to hell' mentality", but areas where there are churches that are active in their communities whose reputations are a sincere love and concern for people regardless of where they are at in life. We're looking at Richmond and Charlotte, but again, not to offend, but often in the south one finds lots of Christians, but many who are quite close-minded and refuse fellowship and are very accusatory of those outside of their circle. We're looking for balance and grace - and ummm, for my husband's work, lots of them, not just one for us to attend.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 12:19 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandb View Post
Can anyone tell me where they would say are the most open-minded, grace-oriented evangelical churches on the east coast south of Pa?

By this I mean, churches that are somewhat progressive - as in, drums in their worship team, folks wearing casual clothes to church, open to new/different types of ministry etc. Not to offend, but not the "'shame on you sinners - you're going to hell' mentality", but areas where there are churches that are active in their communities whose reputations are a sincere love and concern for people regardless of where they are at in life. We're looking at Richmond and Charlotte, but again, not to offend, but often in the south one finds lots of Christians, but many who are quite close-minded and refuse fellowship and are very accusatory of those outside of their circle. We're looking for balance and grace - and ummm, for my husband's work, lots of them, not just one for us to attend.

thanks!
I think you would LOVE Southbrook Church! It's in Union County, South of Charlotte. Check out their website. I, myself, am a Methodist, but have been to quite a few of the services at Sout hbrook. It is very progressive, warm, welcoming, casual. They also have awesome music. Great bands-I swear you'd pay to see them perform.

There are quite a few progressive, contemporary churches in the Charlotte area-you won't have a problem finding one you love!

Good luck meandb!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.