Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,412,322 times

Advertisements

Many posters try as hard as they can to make me feel bad about Atlanta. But, I still think it's an incredible city. Not perfect certainly, but the potential in this city is awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,636,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Alot better in that so many have negative views about where they live. I realise that many would gripe about anywhere;buit still some araes seem to have alot of peole with the same additude or problems.
Good point. Along those lines, C-D has made me realize that we really do live in a consumer-driven culture. The long laundry lists of what some people want out of a city make me chuckle. Everyone's looking for Utopia. Too many people these days look for what cities can do for them, rather than how they can contribute to making them a better place. I don't think that was so much the case with previous generations.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:37 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,471,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Sports mean diddley-squat to me where any state is concerned.

But I just finished 10 days in New York, and I absolutely love its people. They're not the chihuahua-friendly, sugar-coating types, but I found them very responsive and helpful and very charming. Only a couple of times was someone rude to me and they were both bus-drivers (and I put one of 'em in his place).

That trip was supposed to be a one-time only. But several real soggy days slowed me down a lot, so I'm thinking of going back in 2 years to start where I left off.
Yankees baseball is a culture, not a sport.

Most people who live here now aren't even from NYC. The people you see in Manhattan are yuppies who moved here from all over the country and world. Once you get into the deep boroughs and you hear that New Yawk accent, you'll notice the attitude.

I took my cousin on a New Yorker's version of an NYC tour. We spent not much time in Times Square, where people are softies, and we ventured off around Yankee Stadium, Astoria, Brighton Beach, and other true New York neighborhoods and even he noticed the "everybody else but me is a moron" attitudes in those areas.

I like the "I don't want to talk to you" attitude of New Yorkers. Honestly I feel awkward when I'm talking to someone I don't know nicely or giving someone directions. I'll have to overcome that to become a cop, but as of right now I feel awkward in friendly conversations face to face. Even here on the Internet it's hard for me to strike up real conversations.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:16 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,616,845 times
The ATL bashers mean nothing to me anymore. I would always think of Atlanta as a really good city with the potential to be great one day; I think City-Data.com has made me more aware of a lot of things about my city. I also never knew that the world had so many ignorant people living in it but that's life. My city is like a scrimmage because it can prep a person for life in another city and I'm okay with that.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:39 PM

521 posts, read 1,624,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Are you always this angry and bitter son?! I have had so many people on here say that you are a troll. Also, about not being from Houston, someone needs reading comp help. I am from NY, but live currently in Houston. You need to stop ok?
Ok keep telling that to yourself. Im sure many people have told you that such as FutureCop (err, City Police). Yet every time I call you out on this you seem to get silent. No surprise there.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,494,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Ok keep telling that to yourself. Im sure many people have told you that such as FutureCop (err, City Police). Yet every time I call you out on this you seem to get silent. No surprise there.
Call me out on what? All of us are dying to know what you called me on son. Be careful, I don't want to blow away whatever weak arguement you try

Old 10-21-2008, 02:07 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,471,254 times
Quote:
It's Futcha Cop. And no, I haven't told anyone that... But I'm certainly not going to argue that. You discredit New York and Philly fans in the sports thread for some odd reason. Like we're not good enough for the list? Or are you just bitter over the Dodgers loss to the Phillies in the NLCS and the attention New York athletes and fans receive?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:40 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,665,286 times
Unfortunately, reading CD makes me feel worse about the area in which I live, mainly because it seems like everyone who is flocking here thinks alike and I find that I have little in common with them. I don't think this is a bad area at all, but I still don't understand all the hype as to why so many people are moving here. And locals get so antsy when you say anything negative about the area...that's why I prefer to not even read the local sub-forums

Old 10-21-2008, 07:38 PM

521 posts, read 1,624,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Call me out on what? All of us are dying to know what you called me on son. Be careful, I don't want to blow away whatever weak arguement you try
More like just you. Contrary to what you think, I doubt many people give two ****s about a dispute between us two. Either ways, dont play $tupid with me. Ive challenged you to post my supposed many comments you claim I make. Youve punked out every time since you know that you have a ton of dirt on you.
Any attempts to reason with you have been wasted.
Thank god for the ignore button

Old 10-21-2008, 08:04 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,494,805 times
Quote:
More like just you. Contrary to what you think, I doubt many people give two ****s about a dispute between us two. Either ways, dont play $tupid with me. Ive challenged you to post my supposed many comments you claim I make. Youve punked out every time since you know that you have a ton of dirt on you.
Any attempts to reason with you have been wasted.
Thank god for the ignore button
You could never get me on anything, keep dreaming there Mr I wish I was an attorney. Next time you try to play the role of an intelligent poster, here's anidea, use good grammer! Then maybe someone will take you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.