Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:05 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,655,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
I looked up Omaha and the results turned out better that I thought but, the job market doesn't seem that great. What website would you recommend?
First of all, whats your profession? We have tons of jobs in Medical, Insurance, Banking, Stocks, High Tech industrial, agriculture, almost everything. As for a website, well you could post a new thread on the Omaha forum, they know a lot more than I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 04:53 PM

681 posts, read 3,026,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
First of all, whats your profession? We have tons of jobs in Medical, Insurance, Banking, Stocks, High Tech industrial, agriculture, almost everything. As for a website, well you could post a new thread on the Omaha forum, they know a lot more than I do.
I find it hard to believe that someone knows more about Omaha than you do.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:33 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,891,067 times
Omaha DOES have a pretty strong local economy (which is saying something, considering the state of the US economy right now).

Old 06-25-2008, 10:32 AM

25 posts, read 71,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I'm in the accouting field. I have my BS in Accounting and about 5 years of accounting experience. And I'm currently studying for the CPA exam.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:30 PM

909 posts, read 2,971,993 times
someone is telling you indianapolis

Old 06-25-2008, 12:39 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,519,291 times
Omaha has great sense of community, great job prospects (especially for a business person with accounting background), very reasonable cost of living (good wage and lower rent), growing/vibrant urban area downtown Omaha (can live/work/play there). A very diverse employment base (across many industries) so generally insulated from a downturn in one industry because the other industries offset it. A couple of professional single associations for networking.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 PM

909 posts, read 2,971,993 times
i give up.. i hear the same thing about omaha on every single thread i got to and it gets real old... i give up. go to omaha. so ill admit it. indianapolis has a terrible economy. i mean even with a $46,000 medium income... and i mean you can only imagine what they would pay an accounting agent...?? who cares

Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,519,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
i give up.. i hear the same thing about omaha on every single thread i got to and it gets real old... i give up. go to omaha. so ill admit it. indianapolis has a terrible economy. i mean even with a $46,000 medium income... and i mean you can only imagine what they would pay an accounting agent...?? who cares
That's funny... didn't realize so many people were talking about it... I have had chances to move for better career options, but I've turned everyone down because of the overall quality of life we have.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:15 PM

37 posts, read 189,616 times
If you were to look at the East Coast, I would check out Philadelphia or Baltimore, Maryland. Both have a lot of your criteria. I'm not sure about the cost of rent in Downtown Brooklyn, but if it's within your budget, then check it out because areas in Downtown Brooklyn have a lot culture and history, great shopping. Accountants are payed really well in New York City, my friend's father is an accountant and he makes $100,000 a year. But, he's been working for a major company for a few years. Starting salaries are usually between $60,000-$75,000 depending on who hires you, what college you went to and past exprience. The cost of living is expensive, but it's worth it. New York definitely fit all of that. But, the cost of living is quite high, Seattle might be better for you. It's hard to find a city that doesn't have some sort of downside to it.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
That's funny... didn't realize so many people were talking about it...
How could you miss it?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.