Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 08:36 PM

910 posts, read 2,985,716 times

Advertisements

there is no need saying that this city is better than that, or your state sucks because this certain part is too flat...? rediculus right? i think every city thats being compared to on this forum is very bright and intelligent in their own way. they have their own personality and style that is different than anyother. same goes with history, mostly every city in the nation from size 1 to size 1 million has a neat little story to tell about their place and most are interesting, yes alot of those towns are dying, but that doesnt make it worthless. whats even worse is comparing states and asking which state sucks and which state rocks... i mean come on! be realistic here, its the united states of america, and it wouldnt be called the 50 states that everyone wants to check out if one of those were just horrible because they dont have enough streems or mountains..?? who cares!! mostly every continent except altralia has regions like the plains, rockys, appalaichians, desert, so and so. if we didnt have one of those regions, than we wouldnt have united states of america.

my point? this comparing citys and states is getting WAY out of hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,031,622 times
so who's comparing

Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM

desert sun... where have you been?? there all over the place

Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,351,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision-Quest View Post
there is no need saying that this city is better than that, or your state sucks because this certain part is too flat...? rediculus right? i think every city thats being compared to on this forum is very bright and intelligent in their own way. they have their own personality and style that is different than anyother. same goes with history, mostly every city in the nation from size 1 to size 1 million has a neat little story to tell about their place and most are interesting, yes alot of those towns are dying, but that doesnt make it worthless. whats even worse is comparing states and asking which state sucks and which state rocks... i mean come on! be realistic here, its the united states of america, and it wouldnt be called the 50 states that everyone wants to check out if one of those were just horrible because they dont have enough streems or mountains..?? who cares!! mostly every continent except altralia has regions like the plains, rockys, appalaichians, desert, so and so. if we didnt have one of those regions, than we wouldnt have united states of america.

my point? this comparing citys and states is getting WAY out of hand
Wow. I cannot believe you would post on this forum as frequently you as you do (127 times by the current count) if you were so opposed to people "comparing" cities. It seems to me that a primary purpose of this forum is for people to explore relocation opportunties. It is perfectly sensible and normal for people contemplating a move from one location to another to wonder and inquire about how that new location compares to the old one.

I suppose I would stick to the non-state forums (politics, hobbies, etc) if I wanted to avoided these types of discussions.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:00 AM

you guys just dont get it

Old 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,923,361 times
I agree that it does get a little bit out of hand sometimes.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,692,317 times
I agree aswell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.