Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:18 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niac12345 View Post
Brooklyn is just a burrow of New York. Like Chelsea or Greenwhich Village. So you the only way you'd like Brooklyn is if you Liked the ENTIRE NYC!
Well, BK is big enough to be its own city and that played a roll in my putting it up here; yes I know that it's part of the city but just putting down NYC or Manhattan would be to easy (I had a horrible time in Manhattan anyway). I didn't know anyone from Manhattan so I didn't list it and I didn't want to go to the Bronx and it took me a while to visit friends in Queens because I was without a large stencil and red spraypaint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 01:26 PM

149 posts, read 201,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
yea i hate when people not from Manhattan pretend like the other boroughs are like it. they try to claim the "whole" nyc like the one you see on tv , such as time square, when in fact they arent as happening/fun as THE CITY
Huh?

All the boroughs are part of NYC. Do you hate when people not from LA try to claim the whole of LA when in fact all the good things/fun things they see on TV are in West LA?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:58 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,821,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I personally would choose Frederick, MD!! Its really beautiful. Great old architecture downtown. Many, many, many little privately owned shops and restaurants downtown. The city is very anti-chain, so the only chain store you'll find downtown is a Starbucks, which everyone tried to keep from coming. its definanty pedestrian friendly and has ok public transport. Its population is 60,000, but its 45 mins from both DC and Baltimore, 3 hours from Philly and Pittsburgh, 4 from Richmond. If you're into history, Fredericks got tons, and is near Gettysburg and Antietam. Theres mountains right in Frederick and the Potomac's very close. Its got a good ratio of Sunny/cloudy days. There are definently friendly and diverse people there. i think there are a little too many festivals here too and its a bit artsy. The Traffic can be a problem at around 3-5 on weekdays. its a pretty area and i wish i could move back.
Is Frederick affordable? Sounds wonderful, but I think affordability was one of the criteria in the OP.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:24 PM

389 posts, read 1,075,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
America: What city do you adore the most in terms of overall most pleasant climate, pedestrian friendliness, natural setting, close access to the ocean and mountains, good job oportunities, low cost of living, diverse population, ratio of sunny to cloudy or rainy days, decent public transportation, friendly people, activities and festivals, reasonably low traffic, proximity to other great towns and cities, etc.?
Pittsburgh. It's got a good combination of everything and, from what I remember, is a relatively relaxed place.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:30 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
Is Frederick affordable? Sounds wonderful, but I think affordability was one of the criteria in the OP.
Yea, Its very affordable. The Recent growth of Frederick is due partly to former DC residents who hated the cost of living

Old 06-28-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Yea, Its very affordable. The Recent growth of Frederick is due partly to former DC residents who hated the cost of living
Good to hear. Glad you added it to this interesting thread.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:55 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
Well, BK is big enough to be its own city and that played a roll in my putting it up here; yes I know that it's part of the city but just putting down NYC or Manhattan would be to easy (I had a horrible time in Manhattan anyway). I didn't know anyone from Manhattan so I didn't list it and I didn't want to go to the Bronx and it took me a while to visit friends in Queens because I was without a large stencil and red spraypaint.
Brooklyn used to be a separate city like the Houston Heights was to Houston.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:26 AM

92 posts, read 216,118 times
fort collins, colorado springs, glenwood springs are wonderful rocky mountain towns...anyone thinking of moving to mountains should definitely move to one of those areas rather than the appalachians....everyone considering moving to western nc should really consider colorado...i just left colorado and settled in western nc...now i am ready to close the door behind me....move to the rockies!!!! LOL

Old 07-05-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1946 View Post
fort collins, colorado springs, glenwood springs are wonderful rocky mountain towns...anyone thinking of moving to mountains should definitely move to one of those areas rather than the appalachians....everyone considering moving to western nc should really consider colorado...i just left colorado and settled in western nc...now i am ready to close the door behind me....move to the rockies!!!! LOL
What changed your mind?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 AM

92 posts, read 216,118 times
i havent changed...just don't want anyone else to move to western NC now that i'm here...thus, "closing door behind me"....i saw what explosive growth did to the front range of colorado...have a great day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.