Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: BEST U.S. CITY TO LIVE WORK AND PLAY?
New York City 35 20.71%
LOS ANGELOS 23 13.61%
CHICAGO 40 23.67%
HOUSTON 27 15.98%
BOSTON 28 16.57%
DALLAS 13 7.69%
MIAMI 9 5.33%
WASHINGTON DC 22 13.02%
SAN FRANCISCO 36 21.30%
SEATTLE 34 20.12%
PHILADELPHIA 16 9.47%
DENVER 22 13.02%
AUSTIN 17 10.06%
PORTLAND, OR 20 11.83%
SAN DIEGO 22 13.02%
PITTSBURGH 10 5.92%
ATLANTA 11 6.51%
SAN ANTONIO 7 4.14%
MINNEAPOLIS 13 7.69%
HARTFORD 4 2.37%
PHOENIX 7 4.14%
INDIANAPOLIS 12 7.10%
KANASAS CITY, MO 7 4.14%
CHARLOTTE 10 5.92%
TAMPA 5 2.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
See, I told you so. This is an Omaha thread.
I just corrected him, that's it, so can we please stop this incredibly stupid argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 06:37 AM

148 posts, read 389,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
The metro isn't what? The population of Nebraska 1.7 million. We didn't hijack the thread, this ridiculous argument just keeps moving. Omaha has about 300,000 people more than Wichita metro wise and 100,000 city proper wise. Get your facts right before you post
True. My facts were outdated. Your still stuck in Nebraska. You poor thing. Watch out for those scarecrows! Little tiny Hartford County, CT has about 50% the population of your entire state! Wichita is awesome, a billion times better than Omaha. Other cities better than Omaha in Heartland:

ST.LOUIS(The Arch)
KANSAS CITY,MO (Awesome place, jazz, Joe Montana, Bo Jackson)
DES MOINES, IA
Overland Park, KS
Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma City, OK (Pop = 537,000)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Springfield, IL
Gary, Indiana (Not that is a tough city)

Omaha is more of a town like Concord, NH or Topeka, KS. There are no major sport teams or anything representing a major city.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times
None of the above. I have been to all but 2 of the cities listed and wouldn't move to any of them if I could help it. Have lived in a couple of them before and wouldn't go back for any amount of money, just too damn crowded and fake.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:39 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,935,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I was speaking on behalf of the 62nd comment not really of it being considered in the top 25. However, population does not equate happiness and I think all large cities should be considered for the potential title. I don't think Omaha is alone in it's ability to be a great place. OKC and Cleveland and Wichita also should have been options in my opinion, but then again like I was saying, I was responding to a comment bashing my city speaking about an absurd rank of 62nd.
Why don't you come up with your own poll and include Omaha? You're acting like this forum is some sort of official, subversive government bureau that has as its goal to suppress information about Omaha. You're free to start your own thread and your own poll rather than hijacking other people's threads.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:50 AM

I think the hijacking forum proves my point and a few other points about Omaha. People in Omaha have way too much time on their hands because there is nothing to there. That is why they are so insecure about their town.

Face it people, no cares about Omaha! Sorry to break it to you, but no one wants to live in Nebraska. BORING!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Why don't you come up with your own poll and include Omaha? You're acting like this forum is some sort of official, subversive government bureau that has as its goal to suppress information about Omaha. You're free to start your own thread and your own poll rather than hijacking other people's threads.
Thank you JMT. How do you like Tennessee? Now that is an awesome state. I went to Graceland a few years ago and loved it. I never been to Nashville, but I have heard one negative thing about it. I always wanted to go there unlike Omaha.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpimus View Post
Thank you JMT. How do you like Tennessee? Now that is an awesome state. I went to Graceland a few years ago and loved it. I never been to Nashville, but I have heard one negative thing about it. I always wanted to go there unlike Omaha.

what is your freaking problem?!?

You repeatedly bash my town! If nobody would talk about it now that I've let some steam off, then I'd shut up, but you're not helping the situation. In fact you just prove the reason I keep speaking up! There are people like you who are just ignorant about Omaha and what it has to offer. That's why I talk about it.

By the way, I realize I could simply make my own poll, but the idea is to change people's mindset, not create my own little world.

When I went to Nashville I absolutely loved it, so I can agree with you there.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,077,735 times
Adam. Nobody was bashing Omaha on this Forum up until the time you and a couple other people started to constantly hit us over the head with how great the place is. This "in your face" approach to winning friends and influencing people is starting to backfire.

You may not think you are hijacking any threads but this thread right here is a perfect example that you are. Omaha is not on the list and yet someone had to insinuate that it belonged here and that 62nd rating is unjustified. The fact that its metro population puts it at about #60 overall among metro area rankings in population seems to justify its place in the rankings. It's an average metro area pure and simple.

Whether you realize it or not, you should consider yourselves as Ambassadors of your community. Right now the general impression by people reading the posts by you and the other Omaha people about Omaha is that people in your area are puerile, pushy, over bearing and incapable of taking even the mildest of criticism concerning the region. And worse still, it appears as though you have an artificially inflated value of your own self worth. In other words your insecurity has resulted in giving the appearance that you have an ego the size of the planet Jupiter.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times
Quote:
True. My facts were outdated. Your still stuck in Nebraska. You poor thing. Watch out for those scarecrows! Little tiny Hartford County, CT has about 50% the population of your entire state! Wichita is awesome, a billion times better than Omaha. Other cities better than Omaha in Heartland:

ST.LOUIS(The Arch)
KANSAS CITY,MO (Awesome place, jazz, Joe Montana, Bo Jackson)
DES MOINES, IA
Overland Park, KS
Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma City, OK (Pop = 537,000)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Springfield, IL
Gary, Indiana (Not that is a tough city)

Omaha is more of a town like Concord, NH or Topeka, KS. There are no major sport teams or anything representing a major city.

MY STATE IS NOT BORING! YOU HARDLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT! THE OLYMPIC SWIM TRIALS ARE HERE THIS WEEK, WHY YOU ASK? BECAUSE WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST CONVENTION CENTERS IN THE COUNTRY 15TH IN THE WORLD FOR TICKET SALES 10TH IN THE NATION. WE HAVE A HUGE MUSIC SCENE HERE , WE WILL BE HOSTING THE CWS FOR AT LEAST UNTIL 2035, WE HAVE A MAGNIFICENT SYMPHONY. AS FOR THE STATE, WE HAVE TONS OF BLUFFS AND ROCK FORMATIONS IN THE WESTERN PART OF THE STATE, WE HAVE ARBOR DAY LODGE IN NEBRASKA CITY, AND ALL OF THE SMALL TOWNS HAVE THERE OWN CHARACTER THAT MAKE THEM NICE. WHAT DO WICHITA, DES MOINES, OVERLAND PARK, TULSA, LITTLE ROCK, SPRINGFIELD AND ESPECIALLY GARY HAVE THAT MAKE THEM 'A BILLION TIMES BETTER' THEN OMAHA?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 AM

30 posts, read 127,888 times
Quote:
Little tiny Hartford County, CT has about 50% the population of your entire state!

more like %90
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.