Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM

167 posts, read 492,564 times

Advertisements

No, this isn't a thread about 2Pac and Biggie. Nor is it meant to exacirbate rivalry. I mean "envy" in a positive way, as in what do you like/miss about how the other half lives?

When I was living in the East, I wanted the less humid, more temperate weather of the West.

But now that I'm living in the West, I really, really miss White Castle's sliders!! I've actually been tempted to ask my friends to Fed-Ex 1-Day a care package to me, as soggy as it may arrive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 05:48 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harahap View Post

But now that I'm living in the West, I really, really miss White Castle's sliders!! I've actually been tempted to ask my friends to Fed-Ex 1-Day a care package to me, as soggy as it may arrive...
Have you checked the frozen food aisle in your local grocery store for them? I know several stores (Vons and Ralphs) here in Southern CA that sell them in the frozen food section. Actually I had one the other day b/c my friend bought them. They're kind of soggy if you microwave them but if you micro-bake them they're not too bad.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:14 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harahap View Post

And the difference from fresh out of a White Castle itself would be...?

When I moved to Maine I missed Taco Bell of all places. Even drove a couple of times to Boston to get a few soft tacos. (6 hours one way from where I lived, but gas was cheap then)

Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
What do I miss about the east? Nothing. I visit every couple years, see old friends, and that's enough for me. Of course, I'm not from there, I just lived there for a few years, so I've always been "western" at heart.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 PM

845 posts, read 2,743,774 times
I miss the thunderstorms of the east coast and the warm ocean water. I also miss Publix

Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Have you checked the frozen food aisle in your local grocery store for them? I know several stores (Vons and Ralphs) here in Southern CA that sell them in the frozen food section. Actually I had one the other day b/c my friend bought them. They're kind of soggy if you microwave them but if you micro-bake them they're not too bad.
Really?? I'm not really a frozen food person, but I guess that will just have to change. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
And the difference from fresh out of a White Castle itself would be...?
Heathen!

Quote:
When I moved to Maine I missed Taco Bell of all places. Even drove a couple of times to Boston to get a few soft tacos. (6 hours one way from where I lived, but gas was cheap then)
I'm a Del Taco man myself, but I feel you. The weirdest thing, though, is that when I visited some family in Philly, they took me to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican place, and they had the best tamales I had ever had...

Old 07-09-2008, 07:20 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
I could care less about the east coast, let alone "envy" them. I would be perfectly happy if I lived my entire life without ever eating again N.Y. pizza, bagels, and "sliders" (whatever the heck that is). What is there to "envy"?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:59 PM

812 posts, read 4,083,822 times
As a native west-coaster, I envy the East's sense of establishment and history. Of course California has a rich history, but the history of the original colonies is awesome.

This next one mainly pertains to the East vs. California, but I envy the more stately perception of the East, compared to the perception that many outsiders have of California, where they see the west as a place with new money taste and conspicuous consumption. Bentley GT's and bling in comparison to an Arnage and Brooks Brothers style. Of course this is mostly untrue, as anyone and everyone lives on both coasts, but the perception of the East's rich and famous FAR outclasses the perception of the West's.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:12 PM

203 posts, read 689,278 times
i envy the west having summer almost every day of the year

while we are bundled up i wonder what id be like to be at the beach or eating outdoors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.